Using a million analogies to make a point

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Right. But the assumption is that because all I say is "tight fist" it's assumed that's the only thing I know about a punch. That's not the only thing I know, it's not the only thing I teach. It's the only thing I felt relevant to bring up at that moment.
I would think most people would understand that when you're talking about a tight fist that you're only talking about one of the necessary fundamentals, not everything.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would think most people would understand that when you're talking about a tight fist that you're only talking about one of the necessary fundamentals, not everything.

You would think that, but it happens quite a bit.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One of my favor analogies is:

The Taiji principle is "if you don't move, I won't move". If you apply this principle in your life, you will never be able to date any girl.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

The Taiji principle is "if you don't move, I won't move". If you apply this principle in your life, you will never be able to date any girl.

There's a meme that goes something like this:

Why I'm still single.
Picture of a Polar Bear from a documentary, with the caption:
The male wakes up from his nap, and checks to see if any females have appeared.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

When you move, I move... Just like that.
Hell yeah! hey DJ, bring that back.

Latest Discussions