Upcoming Marvel Comics Movies.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iron Fist for sure, as well as Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3...but what's the situation with Ghost Rider, Iron Man, etc.?

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
they're not doing a good job on comics movies at all..
i think they should invent new characters that have not been introduced before
maybe coz when i was a kid i imagined the characters differently from the movies + graphics are horrible (remember first spiderman?)

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Iron Fist for sure, as well as Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3...but what's the situation with Ghost Rider, Iron Man, etc.?
Okay, this is a wee-bit out of place, but I want to see the new Harry Potter!

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
mantis said:
they're not doing a good job on comics movies at all..
i think they should invent new characters that have not been introduced before
maybe coz when i was a kid i imagined the characters differently from the movies + graphics are horrible (remember first spiderman?)
I thought the Spider mans were pretty, darn, good.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
I thought the Spider mans were pretty, darn, good.
the second was a lot better..
but if you go TODAY and look at the first one you will realize how graphic are horrible

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
mantis said:
the second was a lot better..
but if you go TODAY and look at the first one you will realize how graphic are horrible
The still beat the poop out of the old spider man series.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For the complexity of what is required to bring superhero characters to the big screen, I think Marvel has done remarkably well...except for Hulk, which was a bad movie all the way around.

Bryan Singer did a great job adapting X-Men considering it's complex history. I have no problems with the Spider-Man franchise either. Spider-Man 2 was indeed better than the first, which is a rare delight in a sequel.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Being a fan of B-Movies (I also post as Fearless Freep over at the http://www.badmovies.org forums) I've made the point that..hey, once I suspend disbelief enough to handle time travelling androids from a post-apocalypitc future, I don't sweat stuff like wether the CG looks real or not.

Mantis, dude...learn to indent your code. (and I think 'publich' would raise a compile error...and I'm not going to even consider whether a function name and a argument name being the same is going to muck up the compiler trying to resolve the reference)

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
*whispers* Harry Pot-uh. . .lol
yah.. harry potter is a suerphero only if your a software engineer... hahajk

i think all of the comics sucked so far except batman, and maybe dare devil... spider man was alright..
was madagascar a super-hero movie?

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lol yah
i had it all nice, but it shows like this for some reason
i only put it coz there was some thread about signatures.
and no, this code will definitely not compile

good remark, mr. debugger!

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
Mantis, dude...learn to indent your code. (and I think 'publich' would raise a compile error...and I'm not going to even consider whether a function name and a argument name being the same is going to muck up the compiler trying to resolve the reference)
lol
good call
wanna fight?
let's take it outside.. at C#junkies forum j/k
haha

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Would you give specific reasons why you think most comic book movies so far "sucked"?

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
let's take it outside.. at C#junkies forum j/k

Silly me...I thought it was Java (well..from the er..indentation my first guess was C : )

But...I now realize you chnaged it and thus rendered my post totally nonsensical...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Well, I know that Iron Fist (a superhero Martial Artist) is going to get A LOT of talk on this board for sure. It was one of my favorite comics when I was younger (a lot younger) and I do hope they do this one right. There's also another favorite MA- hero (not super) of Marvel that I liked quite a bit as well... "Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu" which could be made into a fun movie as well, if written, casted and directed well enough.

Of the ones thus far; Batman series, Blade, Spiderman Dare-devil (was ok), Superman I & II, and X-men were the only ones that I've been pleased with as far as comic adaptation. Hulk, Fantastic Four, , Electra... I could've lived the rest of my life and died a happy man if I hadn't seen any of these.
Navarre said:
Would you give specific reasons why you think most comic book movies so far "sucked"?
To do that is to simply render an opinion... I think mainly because of the writing, casting and direction. Also another likely reason is audience expectations.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
Okay, this is a wee-bit out of place, but I want to see the new Harry Potter!
Yes, my kids are definitely Harry Potter fans. The ads for this one look good, but of course one can never tell! I thought the first three were OK--the most recent was definitely better than the two befor eit.

The kids are looking old though!

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
Well, I know that Iron Fist (a superhero Martial Artist) is going to get A LOT of talk on this board for sure. It was one of my favorite comics when I was younger (a lot younger) and I do hope they do this one right. There's also another favorite MA- hero (not super) of Marvel that I liked quite a bit as well... "Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu" which could be made into a fun movie as well, if written, casted and directed well enough.
I was a Shang-Chi and Iron Fist fan too!

Like you, I didn't like the Hulk and was apalled by Elektra. Fantastic Four was...unnecessary. The Blade stuff has been indifferent--the last one was bad.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:

Off Topic:

C# - teaching programmers not to think since the new millenium

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm getting a black dragon tattoed on my chest, just to the first in Iron Fist Mania.

Electra sucked

Latest Discussions