Comics 2 Film

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok I see we have a lot of comic fans out here so here is the question...

If you could have your favorite comic turned into a movie what would it be and who would you have cast in the main roles???

For myself IF I could have like a 3 picture deal with a studio I would LOVE to bring Marvel's Civil War to the big screen. I need a 3 picture deal in order to tell the story as completely as I could. (3) 3 hour movies would be adequate.
As for casting...I would keep Toby Maguire as Spider-Man and Downey Jr. for Iron-Man...the rest..lord knows..too many characters to try and fill people for.

*Shudders* Tom Cruise and Nocholas Cage both wanted the role of Iron-Man.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually, years ago in college when American Psycho first came out I told my girlfriend that Bale should be Batman. She thhought I was crazy, guess who turned out right?

I wish Iron Man was made years ago, Timothy Dalton when he was young is the perfect Tony Stark.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like to see a Thor movie and a Capt America movie...Although I have no clue who I'd cast for either of them.

Obviously, Thor would have to be HUGE and Norwegian looking.

Capt America, I wouldn't like Matt Damon for the role, but I'm not sure who else...I'd have to think about that one. That could be a pretty interesting movie, but to give it relevance, they'd have to either set it during WW2 or seriously change the storyline for today....

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like to see a movie with the original new X-Men (as confusing as that is), around the time Kitty Pryde joined... but I can't see that they'd do it right. The same goes for the Teen Titans.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like to see a Thor movie and a Capt America movie...Although I have no clue who I'd cast for either of them.

Thor (2009)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_(film)#Film

I heard that Thor will be partially CGI and partially human-acted.

Captain America (2009)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America_in_other_media#Announced_future_film

Not yet in pre-production even.

I was a Capt. Marvel (Mar-Vell of the Kree) fan and would enjoy seeing him. Anotehr personal favorite that could make a timely film:
Deathlok (2008)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thor (2009)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_(film)#Film

I heard that Thor will be partially CGI and partially himan-acted.

Captain America (2009)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America_in_other_media#Announced_future_film

Not yet in pre-production even.

I was a Capt. Marvel (Mar-Vell of the Kree) fan and would enjoy seeing him. Anotehr personal favorite that could make a timely film:
Deathlok (2008)

Wow....ask and you shall receive. Although, doesn't surprise me. I don't think that there will be too many comic characters out there WITHOUT movies soon.

Looks like there are still a lot of DC characters that need movies though...Green Latern, Aquaman....although, those are probably already planned too....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Ah yes, I liked both! Moon Knight too (savate?).

Looks like there are still a lot of DC characters that need movies though...

Overall, Marvel does seem to have more out there, though Batman and Superman are big and long-running franchises whereas Marvel has Spider-Man and X-Men which are big but newer.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Deadpool.

As his face is all mutated, it wouldn't matter who played him. I can't think of who would make a good voice actor for him.

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Grendel
Only keep it to the Hunter Rose and Christine Spar story lines (cool weapons and Kabuki character). The whole spirit of aggression theme would likely just get muddied and botched if they go into the later storylines.

As for who to play the roles....hmmmm....off the top of my head I dunno..

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
If you are a true Punisher fan--how could you NOT have come away disappointed with how the 2004 Punisher turned out?

I want to see the Punisher re-done the RIGHT way:

*Castle in his mid-late 50's

*Reattach his Vietnam -based past--what happened to him in those jungles had a direct bearing on the type of man he would become

*In order to be true to the things Castle does in the Marvel MAX series the film must have a *Minimum* rating of NC-17

Can't for the life of me fuigure who could play the correct Frank Castle though.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah I remember him as well... I kept bashing my head on the keyboard trying to remember the "other" MA-ist hero made by Marvel and there ya go... thanks.

I agree that DC has an older base of heroes to choose from... but popularity? In today's market that is. How many even remember Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Wonderbra Woman? Hawk and Aquaman? Would they have the appeal? Probably... if updated and hyped enough to attract the "targeted audience... kids.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score

Obviously, Thor would have to be HUGE and Norwegian looking.

Capt America, I wouldn't like Matt Damon for the role, but I'm not sure who else...I'd have to think about that one. That could be a pretty interesting movie, but to give it relevance, they'd have to either set it during WW2 or seriously change the storyline for today....

Wouldn't the guy playing Cap have to be a big Scandinavian looking guy too?

I know of three attempts at Captain America and all failed in some way. One at least stuck closely to his background, including the Red Skull. Looking forward to the new one.

Iron Fist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Fist_(comics)

Shang Chi - Master of Kung Fu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shang_Chi

Those two had hokey costumes but in the comic universe they kicked ***. Plus both were highly skilled martial artists! :uhyeah:

I too would like to see Marvel's masters of kung fu. Have to chuck Power Man in with Iron Fist.

What I would like to see from Moon Knight was his extremely short-lived really, really mystic phase - magic ancient weapons, superhuman strength that changed with the phases of the moon. There was some cool stuff. Only lasted six issues.

I'm not such a fan of Marvel's Civil War. They gave way too much creative power to one guy who then set about knocking off all the characters he didn't like and establishing some kind of dictatorial super police force. While it was popular I don't think it would translate well to the screen.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

Latest Discussions