UFC: UFC 103 - Belfort stops Franklin and Cro Cop quits

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Vitor Belfort stopped Franklin impressively in the first round, Koschek finished Trigg and Dos Santos made Cro Cop quit in round three at UFC 103.

More...
The hardest hitting UFC news from MMARingReport.com

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Argh! didn't want to see the results!!!

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
^^ I hate that as well Tez.

Belfort is back!!!!!! He along with "Glass Jaw Joe" aka Arlovski are my favorite fighters. It is great to Belfort back in the UFC. He put those hands on Franklin and it wasn't pretty for Rich. I can't wait for Belfort vs. Silva in 2010. I was shocked to learn that Belfort is focusing on Karate now to help him in the cage. Looks like it is helping him especially since his return with the now defunct Affliction.

CroCop needs to call it a career. I am liking Dos Santos. The guy comes to bang in every fight. Taking Werdum and CroCop out is great for the resume.

I'm still wondering why the UFC brought back Frank Trigg! The guy is done and his spot on the UFC roster could have went to some nice young talent with potential. I like Josh calling out Matt Hughes. That would be a good fight but if I was a betting man I would put my money on Hughes.

This fight card had some excellent fights all over. Prelims were great as well. I know one thing, I want to see more of this Paul Daley guy....hands like 2 bricks.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
CroCop needs to call it a career. I am liking Dos Santos. The guy comes to bang in every fight. Taking Werdum and CroCop out is great for the resume.

I was watching live and my instructor wasn't. I texted him as soon as the fight was over and simply said "Santos beat Crocop in 3rd". He hadn't seen it or anything but his immediate reply was that his career was done so when I saw the thread title my first thought was that he had quit for good.

I like Crocop because I was always impressed by a guy who could knock someone out with a left leg round house to the head, but his UFC fights have been disappointing and in that last fight he really just looked timid and tired, like he really didn't want to be there or didn't want to fight. Up until the end I was hoping against reason that he was setting something up but I knew as it went on that he would lose on points if he didn't get a knockout.

That was a pretty sad fight.

OP
Clark Kent

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Vitor Belfort stopped Franklin impressively in the first round, Koschek finished Trigg and Dos Santos made Cro Cop quit in round three at UFC 103.

More...
The hardest hitting UFC news from MMARingReport.com

Wagonmancer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm a big Cro Cop fan but ever since he came to the UFC he doesn't look like the same fighter. He doesn't look as comfortable and seems timid when throwing strikes. Belfort looked nasty, i look forward to seeing him fight again.

Latest Discussions