UFC 61: Bitter Rivals

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This next UFC is right around the corner!! Here is the line up of fighters. Looks like this is going to be another on the edge of your seat event! Thoughts/predictions??

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=195

Tim Sylvia Vs. Andrei Arlovski

Tito Ortiz Vs. Ken Shamrock

Dan Christison Vs. Frank Mir

Josh Burkman Vs. Josh Neer

Yves Edwards Vs. Joe Stevenson

Hermes Franca Vs. Roger Huerta

Drew Fickett Vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Jeff Monson Vs. Anthony Perosh

Gilbert Aldana Vs. Cheick Kongo

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Truthfully, my patience on the Tito vs Ken thing is running thin... yes, fine, they hate each other, we get it already...

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Truthfully, my patience on the Tito vs Ken thing is running thin... yes, fine, they hate each other, we get it already...

Part of the reason I stopped watching TUF3.

WilliamJ

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The promos will be the best part of that fight. Ken gassed out against Fujita and quit not that long ago. It's going to be a one sided beat down again, only worse than last time.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I pick

Andrei Arlovski, Tito Ortiz. Frank Mir ( if he is top of his game)

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going with Arlovski, Ortiz, Mir, Edwards and Monson. Don't know enough about the others to comment.

Mike

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok.. my apologies for gloating on this one in advance but I'm busting at the seams over here..

I am planning on attending the Martial Arts "Super Show" in Vegas July 6th thru the 8th with my Instructor. I was informed by him last week that he managed to secure tickets for us to the UFC 61 fight! I'll be seeing the match live! Woot! I am bringing along a Camera and will snap as many pics as I can and will post them here to MT when I return.

Oh and Yea, Tito is going to murderate Shamrock... *grin*

Rob

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Phadrus00 said:
Ok.. my apologies for gloating on this one in advance but I'm busting at the seams over here..

I am planning on attending the Martial Arts "Super Show" in Vegas July 6th thru the 8th with my Instructor. I was informed by him last week that he managed to secure tickets for us to the UFC 61 fight! I'll be seeing the match live! Woot! I am bringing along a Camera and will snap as many pics as I can and will post them here to MT when I return.

Oh and Yea, Tito is going to murderate Shamrock... *grin*

Rob

Hey Phadus00......:p I am green with jealousy!!

I watched the entire TUF3 season recap on Saturday, I agree wholeheartedly that the rival between Tito and Shamrock was nauseating at best. Yeah, you hate eachother, yeah you are going to beat the crap out of each other, so what. Lets watch the up and comers, you guys can prove your dislike for each other in your match.

btw, Tito is going to win :)

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Hey Phadus00......:p I am green with jealousy!!

I watched the entire TUF3 season recap on Saturday, I agree wholeheartedly that the rival between Tito and Shamrock was nauseating at best. Yeah, you hate eachother, yeah you are going to beat the crap out of each other, so what. Lets watch the up and comers, you guys can prove your dislike for each other in your match.

btw, Tito is going to win :)

I thought Tito did a great job of trying to put that rivalry aside during the show and it was Shamrock that kept stirring the pot. I do honestly think though that there is genuine antomosity between the two. When you see the look in Tito's eyes when they are on-stage together it is pretty sincere loathing. I also thought is was quite the slap in the face when Dana White saif that Tito had clearly won the Coaching Competition and that Ken had expected to simply "show up" and be inspiring.

Anyway Lisa, I be sure to take lots of pics to share with everyone including a "Wish you Were Here" snap especially for you! *smile*

Rob

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Phadrus00 said:
I thought Tito did a great job of trying to put that rivalry aside during the show and it was Shamrock that kept stirring the pot. I do honestly think though that there is genuine antomosity between the two. When you see the look in Tito's eyes when they are on-stage together it is pretty sincere loathing. I also thought is was quite the slap in the face when Dana White saif that Tito had clearly won the Coaching Competition and that Ken had expected to simply "show up" and be inspiring.

Anyway Lisa, I be sure to take lots of pics to share with everyone including a "Wish you Were Here" snap especially for you! *smile*

Rob

You bring up a good point about Tito. In one episode right after I think the final "I am going to get you" scene that was started, I do believe by Shamrock, you see Tito expressing how the show is suppose to be about "the kids" not about the bitter rivalry between them. As much as I think Tito is a loud mouth, he definitely won points with me there. I often thought that Shamrock looked silly cause Tito would push his buttons and he would fall for it every time.

The fight should be interesting and I can't wait to see it.

as for the "wish you were here" pic....:p

James Clifton

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't think it will go more than 2 rounds & I pick Ken.Tito keeps saying look what I did last time!!Ken's knee was messed up,so this time will be interesting.I watched all the crap on the show & one thing registered,Ken really wants this one,Ortiz was just cocky.Look at it this way,KEN "HAS"TO WIN!He has no choice,lose & it's OVER,win & he can play for one or two more times.Crap,what do I know,I picked Brazil over France & England over Portugal! LOL!
Jim

spinkick

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
only fight im even relativly interested in is the arlovsky fight because I despise tim Silvia and he quite got lucky in their last enounter

Latest Discussions