UFC 207

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
So... Rousy vs Nunes. One of the most one sided fights I've seen. Rousey just ate fist after fist. After the first couple of rights that she ate, it was just 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, KO.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I really have no idea what's going on with Rousey. Clearly she has lost quite a step or two mentally. Really a shame to see such an amazing fighter fall apart back to back.

Oh well, we still have Angela Lee and Mackenzie Dern.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay it posted 3 times for some reason my apologies but to add anyway I would love to know what on earth she's been doing in over a year her boxing looked even worse

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay it posted 3 times for some reason my apologies but to add anyway I would love to know what on earth she's been doing in over a year her boxing looked even worse
Even Nunes' boxing form looked like trash, and it still did the job. Absolutely nothing technical was seen from either side; it keeps suggesting to me that all training leading up to this fight was really futile.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nunes looked like a sniper. A decorated sniper.

One of the better all around cards I've purchased on PPV. My wife and I had a ball watching the prelims and main event. Lots of competitive and very interesting fights. Not a dog in the bunch.

Ronda better retire right now. Her only other option is to fight four or five lower level fights in her division over the next year and a half to work her way back up to the top. And the likelihood of that happening.........well, you know.

She had a great run, though. I hope she survives all this. I really do. Arrivederci, Ronda.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Even Nunes' boxing form looked like trash, and it still did the job. Absolutely nothing technical was seen from either side; it keeps suggesting to me that all training leading up to this fight was really futile.
Nunes looked fine she was throwing good combinations moving well landed everything she threw no idea what more you wanted from her

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nunes looked like a sniper. A decorated sniper.

One of the better all around cards I've purchased on PPV. My wife and I had a ball watching the prelims and main event. Lots of competitive and very interesting fights. Not a dog in the bunch.

Ronda better retire right now. Her only other option is to fight four or five lower level fights in her division over the next year and a half to work her way back up to the top. And the likelihood of that happening.........well, you know.

She had a great run, though. I hope she survives all this. I really do. Arrivederci, Ronda.
There's no chance she comes back now even before the fight she was talking about retiring. She took 13 months off after a 2nd round knockout imagine what she'll do with a 48 second knockout. Truth is for some reason she doesn't want to lose that joke of a trainer she's got because he's a yes man and tells her what she wants to hear.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have flu so wasn't going to sit up at three in the morning to watch but reading lots of comments from experienced MMAers on FB, it seems they mostly blame Rousey's coaches for her loss.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was not prepared...period.
Terrible...coaching.
Was not ready skill wise nor mentally prepared to struggle physically.
Weight distribution, lack of head movement, poorly positioning of the arms and hands, no power with only arm punching. The girl was not prepared to compete.
Because of being ill prepared to fight the coaching at cage side was nothing more than a plea and a prayer.
"Rhonda, make her miss"
"Head movement, head movement"
"Please move" and then "Noooo, noooo, noooo!"

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rousey's refusal to dump Tarverdyan as a coach was a big mistake - especially when preparing to fight a hard hitter like Nunes.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Was not prepared...period.
Terrible...coaching.
Was not ready skill wise nor mentally prepared to struggle physically.
Weight distribution, lack of head movement, poorly positioning of the arms and hands, no power with only arm punching. The girl was not prepared to compete.
Because of being ill prepared to fight the coaching at cage side was nothing more than a plea and a prayer.
"Rhonda, make her miss"
"Head movement, head movement"
"Please move" and then "Noooo, noooo, noooo!"
It's actually very strange how bad her coaching must be I mean Glendale gym is a boxing gym not an mma gym yet she has awful boxing. Fact is her coach is a joke read rouseys book when she first entered the gym he refused to even look at her and only after she had a huge go at him would he do it and even in her amateur days he didn't care much and turned up late. But funnily he starts caring more when she's famous. I'd absolutely put up glensdale as a McDojo not just for rousey but travis Browne his skills went down the toilet when he started training there.

Everyone and their grandma knew what rousey had to do to get better yet in 13 months she looked worse. So did Edmond really believe that her striking is any good

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's actually very strange how bad her coaching must be I mean Glendale gym is a boxing gym not an mma gym yet she has awful boxing. Fact is her coach is a joke read rouseys book when she first entered the gym he refused to even look at her and only after she had a huge go at him would he do it and even in her amateur days he didn't care much and turned up late. But funnily he starts caring more when she's famous. I'd absolutely put up glensdale as a McDojo not just for rousey but travis Browne his skills went down the toilet when he started training there.

Everyone and their grandma knew what rousey had to do to get better yet in 13 months she looked worse. So did Edmond really believe that her striking is any good
Based on what Ronda says in her autobiography, she has really poor judgment when it comes to men. I suspect some of that same psychological dynamic may extend to her choice of a coach. It's telling that she presumably wants to paint a positive picture of a coach she really believes in and yet he comes across as a complete ******* and not an effective coach. If that's the perspective from someone who likes him, imagine what the opposing view is like. The fact that he's made public statements which border on delusional just reinforce my conviction that he is not giving her good guidance.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Based on what Ronda says in her autobiography, she has really poor judgment when it comes to men. I suspect some of that same psychological dynamic may extend to her choice of a coach. It's telling that she presumably wants to paint a positive picture of a coach she really believes in and yet he comes across as a complete ******* and not an effective coach. If that's the perspective from someone who likes him, imagine what the opposing view is like. The fact that he's made public statements which border on delusional just reinforce my conviction that he is not giving her good guidance.
Yeah even when her mum says she thinks he's garbage you know something's up. I'm glad her striking has been exposed it was seriously embarrassing watching people like rogan and Dana white say how she's the best boxer in mma or she could out box mayweather. The one thing that I really hate is how he actually told her not to throw kicks ever. That's just stupid limiting yourself probably because the guy doesn't know how to throw a kick himself but seriously you're training an mma fighter and you limit there tools. Kicking would be perfect for rousey as she's good on the ground and got good takedown defence so she wouldn't have to worry about getting her kicks caught and taken down.

Fact is whatever is happening there she looked garbage in her last 2 fights her shadow boxing has always looked bad and she looked worse than the 5 year olds in my karate club

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fact is whatever is happening there she looked garbage in her last 2 fights her shadow boxing has always looked bad and she looked worse than the 5 year olds in my karate club
In fairness, a big part of why she looked bad in her fight with Holly Holm is that she got caught with a hard shot early on and was essentially operating with a severe concussion for the entire fight. I didn't see last nights fight, but it sounds like the same thing except it didn't last so long.

Yeah even when her mum says she thinks he's garbage you know something's up

I kind of wonder if Ann Maria's comments were part of why Ronda refused to drop Tarverdyan. Could be some rebellion against parental advice going on there.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the final analysis the blame is Rhonda's. She stepped into the cage ill prepared.

However, her coaching and management staff leave a lot to be desired.
First off her confidence as a fighter was all but destroyed in the first loss.
Confidence is more important than ability in the fight game.
What was done to prepare her mentally for this fight?
Her stance and weight distribution sucked, stiff body movement, no head movement, terrible guard with her arm placement.

Got popped by a couple of hard jabs and it was evident immediately she was not ready to fight at this level.
He coaching instruction was: "Make her miss, Rhonda, make her miss".

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It was a good run. I hope she gets some good coaches and a good therapist.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
She should do a few muay thai fights. Just for a bit of fun. Go train with wayne par or something.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Hopefully I will get a chance to see it within the next year or so.

Hooe you feel better @Tez3. Flu stinks.