Jon Jones is fighting Anthony Smith at UFC 235. Does Smith have a 1% chance?

jonjones229

White Belt
Reaction score
source: Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith set for UFC 235 pending NAC license

Jon Jones is the G.O.A.T. (Greatest of all time)

He beat DC x 2
Alex Gus x2
Rampage Jackson
Shogun
Chael Sonnen
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans

Pretty much undefeated in his career.
He has the reach of a 7 foot man (84.5 inches), has deadly elbows, dangerous leg kicks, a powerful chin, height, high fight iq, great wrestling, ground and pound etc

Anthony Smith has 13 losses, and beat a few washed up champions. This fight seems to be a mismatch. But I will still watch. I think Smith has no chance in hell. Jones ate the biggest punches from Rampage, Machida, DC etc and was unphased

It will take some one truly special to dethrone Jon Jones

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
205 is a weak division. Jones next real fight is rockhold

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
As long as he gets his steroid cycle right so they don't appear in his tests he'll be fine....

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seems the UFC doesn't care...they'll just find another agency that will accept it.
I think it's quite sweet that people don't think the UFC is totally corrupt and they actually think Jon Jones is a clean athlete

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it's quite sweet that people don't think the UFC is totally corrupt and they actually think Jon Jones is a clean athlete

Kinda like when MLB ratings were down and McGwire and Sammy Sosa had their homerun race. Everyone knew they were juiced up but they didn't care because it brought ratings back up.

At the end of the day its and profits and bottom lines.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kinda like when MLB ratings were down and McGwire and Sammy Sosa had their homerun race. Everyone knew they were juiced up but they didn't care because it brought ratings back up.

At the end of the day its and profits and bottom lines.
Remember during that period when McGwire said he was using andro (which wasn’t banned), but then said he stopped because it was too controversial? And people believed him? I was laughing pretty hard.

What was hilarious was how much solid weight he put on from his first 2-3 seasons to that time. And how his hat size and shoes size grew a few sizes. Sure, people’s heads and feet continue to grow into mid 30s. And sure, he wasn’t using hgh. And either was Sosa. And Bonds.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I feel kind of bad for Jon Jones, because if he lives to an old age he’s going to look back at his fight career and realize “What the hell was I thinking?”