UFC 170 Roussy vs McMann - Thoughts?

TFP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
actually, i would say that villians are always more popular than the good guys......good guys are boring. Her job isnt to have fans, her job is to get people excited about women's MMA by breaking arms and looking hot doing it, and like her or not, people are watching. she is succeeding as no one has before
lol, yeah I'm sure uncle Dana is thrilled to have yet another Champion who is booed at the weight-ins and post fight interviews.

Yes villians are good for business, but not your top dogs. You want Heals to feed to your most loved superstars, not superstars who loose fans like Bones, AS & Rowdy.

TFP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Agreed. If she's accepted her role as the heel, so be it. Doesn't matter if people are incited to root for her or against her... As long as they're excited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is isn't the point, the point is she is a self entitled brat who is starting to (or at least did) make demands as her popularity has risen due to big block buster success.

sounds like Dana straightened her and her lawyer out abit. You have see. How it worked out for Rampage.......

CNida

Green Belt
Reaction score
actually, i would say that villians are always more popular than the good guys......good guys are boring. Her job isnt to have fans, her job is to get people excited about women's MMA by breaking arms and looking hot doing it, and like her or not, people are watching. she is succeeding as no one has before

I dont think she is that hot. I personally find Tate to be more attractive of the two

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." - Anonymous

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
This is isn't the point, the point is she is a self entitled brat who is starting to (or at least did) make demands as her popularity has risen due to big block buster success.

sounds like Dana straightened her and her lawyer out abit. You have see. How it worked out for Rampage.......

I understand your point. How long have you known her?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

TFP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I understand your point. How long have you known her?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Not as long as Tate but I've meet her and her mother a few times. Are you suggesting that if I'm not best friends with her my points are valid. I mean I have produced articles and video to back up my point.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think what steve is saying is that you are coming across like you KNOW the people involved, and not just their public persona....

saying that Rousey is a "self entitled brat" for example

for one thing, if you don't KNOW her, you cannot say that, since that requires knowing the person, not just the character. For another, she IS entitled by virtue of a phenominal career, so either way she isn't self entitled, she earned it by being not just dominate but essentially unstoppable.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not as long as Tate but I've meet her and her mother a few times. Are you suggesting that if I'm not best friends with her my points are valid. I mean I have produced articles and video to back up my point.

Pretty much what twin fist said. It's one thing to suggest that she's losing fans or voicing your opinion. But you're making some pretty personal declarations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TFP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Gotcha guys, my bad if I come on a bit strong. Yes it is my opinion, I did try and back it up with some reports. I am hooked up into the MMA scene pretty strong, altho stronger in the past than the most recent year.

But I will try and tone it down.

TFP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here is a recent interview with Josh Thomson that helps validate what I was trying to say in here.....

Josh Thomson isn’t hiding the fact that his training camp for his matchup Saturday against Benson Henderson has been a tough one.

“This camp’s been real hard on me,” he told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “It’s just been a long camp. That’s really what it’s been. I did the five weeks for [Anthony] Pettis and then I had a week off and then I found out I was fighting Benson and then it’s been like 10, 11 weeks or maybe even a little bit more than that, probably 11 weeks for this fight. It’s just been a really long camp.”

Thomson had been set to challenge Pettis for the UFC lightweight title in December. After Pettis suffered an injury, though, Thomson was given a matchup with Henderson, which will headline Saturday’s UFC on Fox 10 card at the United Center in Chicago.

“You hear fighters talk about it all the time. It’s just that if you peak too soon, it kind of takes the luster out of the camp and out of the fight,” Thomson said. “… These last couple of weeks, I feel like I’ve peaked and then unpeaked and then I’ve been trying to peak again and unpeak, that kind of thing. You’re always up and down, up and down, but then honestly, like I said, the last week before the fight, you’re really just trying to get focused on the fight.”

Latest Discussions