Rhonda Rousey interview

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/the_main_event/watch_possible_first_female_star_c5zE1NJE7BqImA2QytmkUJ

Boxers abstain from sex for long stretches before they fight. As for Ronda Rousey, the UFC’s first female fighter, it’s more like a few hours.

The most well-known women’s MMA competitor in the world described her pre-bout ritual Wednesday night on Jim Rome’s new Showtime talk show.

“For girls, it raises your testosterone, so I try to have as much sex as possible before I fight,” Rousey said. “Not with everybody. It’s not like I put out Craigslist ads or anything. But if I got a steady, im gonna be like, ‘Yo, fight time is coming up.’”

Rousey, a former Olympic judo bronze medalist, said for guys it’s different, but she’s not sure of the science of the matter. She does know one thing, though.

“You can’t just [have sex] and go fight that same day,” Rousey said.

The blonde bombshell’s candidness had the audience and Rome in stitches. That’s how she’s sold herself from the start – as a woman who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. For someone who armbars people for a living, maybe that should not come as a surprise.

Rousey is 6-0 with every win coming by first-round submission via armbar. Recently, she became the first-ever female fighter to sign with the UFC. She doesn’t have a match lined up, but told Rome that she’s training for one.

[email protected]

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I apologize in advance, but this is the first thought that came to my mind. I imagine scummy studio owners rubbing their hands together with glee as they open MMA Gyms. Before a match the douchebag is like, "Okay, this is just part of the training and I know it sounds weird...but we need to have sex."

LOL...

Latest Discussions