Twitter

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do any of you twitter? If so why and how do you use twitter?

I have only started to do so and just stated to see the benefits as a marketing tool.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I use it primarily as a location for dojo announcements such as class cancellations and such. It works hand in hand with my email announcement list.

Rarely, I will tweet some pithy thought that occurs to me at the moment.

Will Twitter ever die?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://twitter.com/martialtalk

It's a consolidated dump of topics from all the 'talk sites in my little net-empire, which is then summarized and imported into blogs. Occasionally I inject additional notices there.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://twitter.com/martialtalk

It's a consolidated dump of topics from all the 'talk sites in my little net-empire, which is then summarized and imported into blogs. Occasionally I inject additional notices there.
I will have to follow you Bob. I have tweeted a few MT post that were great debates, at least I thought they were.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't use it half as much/well as I could/should, but many of the things I see folks suggest seemed spammy to me. Rather just have a resource to drive traffic here to join us in the fun :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
oh noes, twitter, as we we didn't have enough life stealers...

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
oh noes, twitter, as we we didn't have enough life stealers...
I know what you mean. But if you have a business then it can be a good tool to help drive interest. Kids use it a bit different but school owners can really use it to help them. At least that is what I seeing now that I have finally tried it out. Had to think about it a bit as to why use it but I do see the benefits.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know what you mean. But if you have a business then it can be a good tool to help drive interest. Kids use it a bit different but school owners can really use it to help them. At least that is what I seeing now that I have finally tried it out. Had to think about it a bit as to why use it but I do see the benefits.

Yes, it is one of those things, like FB that can take a lot of work off your hands in terms of announcements.

The danger is to take it too far - more on a personal level again.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dunno if I'm just old or what, but I don't get Twitter. Just don't see the point. Of course, I felt the same way about FB at one time, so it may just be that I'm shortsighted.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dunno if I'm just old or what, but I don't get Twitter. Just don't see the point. Of course, I felt the same way about FB at one time, so it may just be that I'm shortsighted.
Ha ha ha...I was the same way. Took me forever to get an FB account. Never got twitter also until my Master explained it to me. He said it was a way to drive people to a web area. So if you have a school FB account you place some info there that you want masses to see. Then you use your twitter to tweet the URL and a brief description. Followers will get the tweet and go to the link pointing them to your FB account. He said then you link the FB page back to your website or any other site. He said that you could use YouTube in the mix also but always making sure that your school web address is always listed on all sites. The key is to get followers he said. But with twitter the more you follow the more that will follow you. He said it is a way to get your name out there.

Once I created an account and stated to follow my interest I saw what he was talking about. The YouTube posters that have over a million hits in 1 or 2 days all use twitter to drive people to their YouTube videos. Now quite a few are making good money with some stupid stuff all from twitter and YouTube. Toss in facebook as well.

Technology is crazy!:erg:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use it primarily for news, I follow two local papers and the only non-PBS TV station in the state, since we get kinda overwhelmed by the Boston news up here. So dudes!! Whenever something actually happens in New Hampshire, I'll be the first to know ;)

In all seriousness...if I belonged to a school or other organization that tweeted updates (school closings and the like), I would probably find that to be handy. Especially up here as the winter months aren't far along.

Latest Discussions