tshadowchaser

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sensei,
Nice Photo and write up in the paper with Carol.
If carol and you have some time on saturdays. I would like to get together
and share some Info with each other. Some in the system I am in and what you are doing.

Kosho

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Kosho,

I think it would be great to see that pic of two of our very own awesome moderators and members of this forum. Could you provide us with a link to the paper that you saw it in so that all of us could enjoy it?

Thanks so much. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like to see the article before it gets posted here. :D :D

Sensei Bonk, it would be an honor to work out with you. I hope we can arrange that...I'd like it a lot. :asian:

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Its a great photo. I could be paid off not to post it.

LOL

I will try and find it tonight after classes are done.

Kosho

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its a great photo. I could be paid off not to post it.

LOL

I will try and find it tonight after classes are done.

Kosho

*starts counting a roll of bills* :lol2:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll contact both of you

NOW if I may
highjacking the thread

How many of you do demonstrations for the punlic and get photos of the demonstration in the local papers? If the photo has been taken by the newspaper staff how many times dose it show you in a good (in your opion) posture and how many times do you look at it and say "that is horrid it should have been taken when we where>>>>>>>>>>"?
If the photo is taken by a student or friend do you want to see which photo is going to be submitted to the paper with an article on your demonstration?
Have you ever just said " please forget the photo and just print the article about the event?

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Carol,
My computer crashed yesterday. My 10 yr old says it just stopped working. I can not get it to do anything... so for now the photo is safe...
I have my computer people working 24/7 to fix it. LOL
Kosho

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll contact both of you

NOW if I may
highjacking the thread

How many of you do demonstrations for the punlic and get photos of the demonstration in the local papers? If the photo has been taken by the newspaper staff how many times dose it show you in a good (in your opion) posture and how many times do you look at it and say "that is horrid it should have been taken when we where>>>>>>>>>>"?
If the photo is taken by a student or friend do you want to see which photo is going to be submitted to the paper with an article on your demonstration?
Have you ever just said " please forget the photo and just print the article about the event?

At the risk of aiding and abetting a self confessed thread hijacker, almost every time I see a picture of myself doing a technique I am disappointed. My posture sucks, my feet are in the wrong position, I'm looking in the wrong direction, my hands aren't where they're supposed to be, etc. Then I cling to the realization, and the hope that, since I was moving at the time, the picture captured a transitional pose and I look much better real time.:idunno:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the risk of aiding and abetting a self confessed thread hijacker, almost every time I see a picture of myself doing a technique I am disappointed. My posture sucks, my feet are in the wrong position, I'm looking in the wrong direction, my hands aren't where they're supposed to be, etc. Then I cling to the realization, and the hope that, since I was moving at the time, the picture captured a transitional pose and I look much better real time.:idunno:
I've had one picture of me "in motion" that I can recall liking.

And most folks probably would not have been particularly impressed. What I liked was that I could look at that pic, and see a solid stance, and good technique showing. Most folks? Probably wouldn't have seen most of that.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The pictures of me in action that I usually end up liking involve me flying through the air or hitting the ground:D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I have the pictures "staged" I may go through 30 - 50 befor I find one I like. If someone else takes them without my knowing or by a reporter I have little say but most times have been disapointed

Latest Discussions