triggered Salute

Wes Idol

Green Belt
Reaction score
Certainly not meaning to pose any judgment upon your beliefs and spiritual/religious path, it sounded odd that you would include a japanese term "uke" in regards to an American art's tech., "Triggered Salute." Also, knowing that Parker never seemed to put his religious beliefs into our studies, it also felt odd to read "Salute in Christ."

Please know that I truly mean no attack upon your beliefs. On a side note, I am of the belief that JC did actually exist and was certainly a highly plugged in spirit.

On a last note, I would be interested in seeing this insert you speak of...where can I find it?

Respectfully,

Wes Idol, HI
United Kenpo Systems
http://www.uks-kenpo.com

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wes Idol

Certainly not meaning to pose any judgment upon your beliefs and spiritual/religious path, it sounded odd that you would include a japanese term "uke" in regards to an American art's tech., "Triggered Salute." Also, knowing that Parker never seemed to put his religious beliefs into our studies, it also felt odd to read "Salute in Christ."

Please know that I truly mean no attack upon your beliefs. On a side note, I am of the belief that JC did actually exist and was certainly a highly plugged in spirit.

On a last note, I would be interested in seeing this insert you speak of...where can I find it?

Respectfully,

Wes Idol, HI
United Kenpo Systems

Are 'uke' and 'tore' not common terms used to descibe a 'defender' and an 'attacker' respectively, in many martial arts?

Where did all the religious speil come from all of a sudden?

Ian

(proud heathen, but believes people should belive in what they want to, as long as they don't e-mail him/knock on his door/approach him in the street and try and make him convert to soemthing!)

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Originally posted by satans.barber

Are 'uke' and 'tore' not common terms used to descibe a 'defender' and an 'attacker' respectively, in many martial arts?

Ian

(proud heathen, but believes people should belive in what they want to, as long as they don't e-mail him/knock on his door/approach him in the street and try and make him convert to soemthing!)

Dear Barber,

I would venture to say that Mr. Idol is trying to determine why Donald ends all of his posts with "Salute in Christ." Especially since Mr. Parker didn't preach his religious beliefs in class. (Wes is probably just inquiring through curiosity, nothing malicious I'm sure.)

Uke and Tore are Japanese terms and not part of AMERICAN Kenpo. If you want to get technical, chinese terminology would be more appropriate if the English term were substituted with something else (due to the chinese origin of "our" art).

I'm wondering... What kind of power tools do you use to cut good old Lucifer's hair? I would imagine they'd have to be sharp. Why do you use the name Satans Barber? It has a ceretain conotation too, doesn't it? :shrug:

Sincerely,
Billy Lear

Wes Idol

Green Belt
Reaction score

Ian

Barber,
Billy Lear explained my position well. I'm not trying to attack, only inquire and understand.

WI, HI
UKS

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wes Idol; et al,
In response to your first question. I use some Japanese terms because I was taught that way. I guess it kinda stuck with me. To me the "traditional" terms add/maintain an air of "old school karate". Can't you just hear the hai sensei, and the slam of a good front leg sweep take down!? Feel the aching muscles, and shaking legs, but with an air of satisfaction, as you shout through the count echoing in the dojo, ich,ni.... Now regarding the 2nd part of your 1st question. What connotations of spirituality would the term uke conjour up? I am not aware of any Eastern religious teachings tied to these terms? As to why I sign off invoking the name of, Jesus Christ. Quite simply I believe that He is who He says He is, IAM... For that reason I want to honor Him in everything I do, and just maybe encourage someone else. I probably won't stop you in the street, knock on your door, or call you on the phone, but by God's grace I will pray for all. I hope I've answered all your questions satisfactorily? If not please let me know.
Salute in Christ,
:asian:

Wes Idol

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for responding. My question regarding spiritual/religious was connected to "salute in Christ", not "uke." Traditions do mean a great deal to me, as do history. If we don't know where we came from, we will never know where it is we are going, for we have no points of reference. I still refere to my Kenpo Father as "Sifu", as this was his choice. I only asked because Parker made such efforts to use English terms, being it an American art. Please take no offense in my questions. Your willingness to share your perspective is appreciated.

In regards to Christ and your beliefs, I honor them as your path and truth.

Respectfully,

WI, HI
UKS

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by WilliamTLear
I would venture to say that Mr. Idol is trying to determine why Donald ends all of his posts with "Salute in Christ." Especially since Mr. Parker didn't preach his religious beliefs in class. (Wes is probably just inquiring through curiosity, nothing malicious I'm sure.)

Ah, I see, I thought he meant that 'Uke' was a religious term of some sort, which was what confused me! My mistake!

I'm wondering... What kind of power tools do you use to cut good old Lucifer's hair? I would imagine they'd have to be sharp. Why do you use the name Satans Barber? It has a ceretain conotation too, doesn't it?

I'm know as that all over the web, not just in here (www.satansbarber.co.uk !). The name itself comes from Sweeny Todd, but I also do it partly to piss off religous zealots! Sorry, that's just my cheeky nature, I too aren't malicious! I like winding up vegetarians as well when I get the chance.... :rofl:

Ian.

OP
W

WilliamTLear

I like winding up vegetarians as well when I get the chance.... :rofl:

Ian.

And what kind of meat do you eat to do that? :rofl:

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by WilliamTLear

And what kind of meat do you eat to do that? :rofl:

Hehe, whilst we were in America there was an advert on the TV all the time that said

"You know, a meal's not a meal......without meat!"

Since one of the lads I was with is a veggie it provided endless fun!

Ian.

Latest Discussions