Kenpo in Seattle (Pac. NW Reunionof Warriors)

L

Les Sipes

We had another successful weekend at the Bellevue Doubletree with our annual Pacific Northwest Reunion of Warriors. I know all martial Arts practitioners would understand, but the sight of people moving gingerly and the sounds of the groans of soreness generally is not accompanied by the embracing smiling faces and well wishing thoughts outside our mindset.
This year truly had the feel of a great family gathering.

With much graditude and abundant respect, I wish to take the time to thank all involved in this successfull event.

First, to Sigung Steve LaBounty and Sibok Tom Kelly. These two men were always busy with a Kenpo hug and a dimeanor representative of their many years of successfull relationships and leadership.
Congradulations also, to Sigung LaBounty for the recognition of awards from the California State Senate and Legislature, presented to him by Prof. Bob White.

- To Dr. Crimi and Ukiyo, again bringing us the understanding of ground technique and falling basics. Your insight always makes us think and your work opens our minds.

- To Prof. Bob White and wife/asst. Barbara, I am still sore from the drills you shared and I just watched. We were blessed by your spirits.

- To Prof. Sepulveda, thank you for giving us your perspective and sharing the dynamics of your mechanics. You are always a powerful influence when you teach.

- To Sifu Z., Marty Zaninovich, and Mike Remine, thank you for sharing the stick drills and instruction. I really believe that regardless how complex the drills were, everyone got it, and to me, that says volumes about your teaching and patience. This is indicative in your love of the art.

Also, the participants, Denise Plowman and Shawna and the group from Boise.
Jim Dean, Lamont, and the Wyoming crew, Jake and the bro's from Portland,
Mr. and Mrs. Scott Johnson, Mr. and Mrs. Matt Greenland, and thanks to Mr. Jason Bugg all the way from Texas. Kim from the Gil Acosta family in San Jose.
and all of the people who attended and enjoyed this years reunion.

... and last, but by no means least, the students of the SilkWind family, thank you all for helping me bring this together.

I hope to see some of you at the Spirit Camp in Donnelly, Idaho, with the Boise Kenpo group and I will see many of you at Jeff Speakmans Camp in Las Vegas.
To Everyone, Thanks Again,
OSS! Les Sipes

Bob White

Green Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your comments. It truly was a nice weekend. I know a great amount of work goes into promoting a camp like this and you and your team did an outstanding job. I personally like the idea of having all of the classes on Saturday as it frees more time to see the surrounding areas. In our case visit with family and friends.
There was a positive attitude from the people taking classes and everyone worked hard. I liked the enthusiasm I felt from the participants and the other instructors. Marty "Z" on sticks and knives, The Dr. on the ground, and John Sepulveda on self defense techniques was a good balance. I was happy to be a part of this fine weekend.
Next year my wife and I are only going to 4 out of state events. I am too busy with my own students. I would not miss this event.
Respectfully,
Bob White

Latest Discussions