Training

M

Mon Mon

This question is mainly for Bujinkan Practicioners i have been practicing alot but i still feel something is missing in my training i am the only one in my city that dose bujinkan and the majority of my training is done alone any help would be apprieated

Hi Timothy,

I think it's extremely important to be in a Dojo or Shibu setting when studying Bujinkan. Where in Missouri are you located? There may be a group near-by?

I do go to a group Jay Bell I live in St.Joseph I do most of my training by video and trial and error

I have just recently started training as much as possible what i feel i am missing is something i want to be able to use Budo Taijutsu in combat but its not natural enough yet i want to use it to help people and my self

St. Joseph eh? I used to live in O'Fallon... Ft. Zumwalt High Rules!

Class of 89...

That's fairly close to St. Louis... You should be able to find someone around the area.

i would practice sneeking around and work on my stealth skills mon mon that might help maybe i will find you and will train you myself

Ken Harding is in Missouri. There should be tons of groups there. Ask your instructor about your concerns, in a respectful way. He should be able to demonstrate how the skills he has taught can be applied.
You may not be able to see the applications immediately when you learn a technique. I think that is the hardest thing for new students to learn. You have to build a foundation first.
When I teach a technique I try to break it down to the footwork and body movement involved. Then when the students have a good grasp of it I will demonstrate it in a combat situation. That's mainly because most of my students are fellow cops. We use this stuff all the time and it works flawlessly.

Ken Harding Left the Bujinkan i know of 2 other bujinkan dojos but they are in the st.Louis area and i am in St. Joseph on the Other side of Missouri but i do study with a group so i am good

Back