Training while travelling through Europe

This maybe of some help. Click on the associated links. Big Euro presense with WC.

EWTO - England Official Site of European Wing Tsun Kung Fu Organisation in England

Yeah, but I don't know how open they are with people outside of their organization. On the other hand there are a lot of EWTO "rebels" (former members). Some may be accessible and open to exchanges.

BTW this is just speculation. I've never trained WC/WT in Europe. When I studied LT WT here in the States however, some EWTO people came over and worked with us. The ones we encountered were very good. Emin, for example. He even ran our US Assn. for many years before starting his own EBMAS organization. That was after my active time in WT though.

Yeah, but I don't know how open they are with people outside of their organization. On the other hand there are a lot of EWTO "rebels" (former members). Some may be accessible and open to exchanges.

BTW this is just speculation. I've never trained WC/WT in Europe. When I studied LT WT here in the States however, some EWTO people came over and worked with us. The ones we encountered were very good. Emin, for example. He even ran our US Assn. for many years before starting his own EBMAS organization. That was after my active time in WT though.

I've got a mate over here who's had afew kickboxing fights so might just train with him and his guys. There's only half a dozen of them training out of a garage. I might leave the training to guys I've been referred too from people I trust. I just hate training not knowing the tempo. It's hard to guage people from different backgrounds. Rolling with some of Leo's guys in London I was real defensive at first because a lot of them were jacked Eastern Europeans haha. After the first session though I found out they were cool, just had a different demeanour to what I was used to back home.

Got some good Dutch kickboxing in while in Amsterdam with an old mate from high school that funnily enough happen to be training out here. Just spent the last three days in Switzerland and meet up with some guys from a WC school. Learnt some new things and manage to show a couple techniques also. Really cool and humble guys which makes training fun, tough but without ego we were able to control the level. Will miss this place and can't wait to return. Heading to Italy now to get some more training in with one of my sifu' online students.

Many thanks to Wing Chun Schule Chur for letting me train there while I was passing through Switzerland. Also thank you to Daniel and Marco for coming along to the session I ran the following day. Tough, humble and open to new ideas - it's no wonder your the top students in the club! Look forward to returning and staying a little longer.

Got some good Dutch kickboxing in while in Amsterdam with an old mate from high school that funnily enough happen to be training out here. Just spent the last three days in Switzerland and meet up with some guys from a WC school. Learnt some new things and manage to show a couple techniques also. Really cool and humble guys which makes training fun, tough but without ego we were able to control the level. Will miss this place and can't wait to return. Heading to Italy now to get some more training in with one of my sifu' online students.

Online student? Are there to verify something about the knowledge learnt or not?

Online student? Are there to verify something about the knowledge learnt or not?
Nah not checking up or anything haha, just keen to meet up with like minded people while travelling. It's been cool putting faces - and fists, to names. Only positive experiences so far!

Nah not checking up or anything haha, just keen to meet up with like minded people while travelling. It's been cool putting faces - and fists, to names. Only positive experiences so far!

Well good luck, but positives are fine, but tempered with the negative. Learning is a hell of thing ain't it :)

Well good luck, but positives are fine, but tempered with the negative. Learning is a hell of thing ain't it :)
It sure is! Once you go down the martial arts road there's no turning back, a healthy addiction - depending on who you talk to.

Don't let all this negative arguing forum crap discourage you from sticking with WC. Wing Chun has a lot to offer fighting/ fighters. You probably already realize that there is a lot of overlapping ideas in MA's. In my group my teacher will have me show a huen application from the clinch. The wrestlers smile and say, " wow kinda sort looks like pummeling".

Don't let all this negative arguing forum crap discourage you from sticking with WC. Wing Chun has a lot to offer fighting/ fighters. You probably already realize that there is a lot of overlapping ideas in MA's. In my group my teacher will have me show a huen application from the clinch. The wrestlers smile and say, " wow kinda sort looks like pummeling".
. Yep I was taking a small roup of WC guys in Switzerland through some wrestling drills. They were so stiff, but when I referred to pummelling as the wrestlers Chi Sao, they relaxed and started throwing me around haha.

It was cool to catch up with Michael Bark while in Trieste, Italy. In between the pizza and coffee we actually managed to do some training! Such a nice guy, I also picked up a couple new skills I'll hopefully get to use soon.

Back in London, man what a trip. Training with Aaoron Baum tommorow at kings cross. Enjoyed myself a little too much while I was travelling so it's going to be a tough few weeks getting back in shape. Going to head up north to visit Duane Harper and get beat up by Josh Kaldani before his next fight. Between those guys, Pete Irving and getting mauled by Leo Negao I'm sure I'll be in fighting shape in no time. Worse thing is I actually have to get a job now haha

Back in London, man what a trip. Training with Aaoron Baum tommorow at kings cross. Enjoyed myself a little too much while I was travelling so it's going to be a tough few weeks getting back in shape. Going to head up north to visit Duane Harper and get beat up by Josh Kaldani before his next fight. Between those guys, Pete Irving and getting mauled by Leo Negao I'm sure I'll be in fighting shape in no time. Worse thing is I actually have to get a job now haha

Pete Irving is a star, first met him when he was a very skinny weird teenager way back in 2003, he's grown in everyway since. He fought on our very first show against Ian Butlin ( the guy who now works with the bare knuckle boxing guys) first time I saw him he was wearing ripped jeans, a sort of red tartan kilt and had a Mohican hair cut. Now, I feel really old. He's fought some really good guys including a legend ( not necessarily of MMA lol) Paul Jenkins. Seriously though he's fought good fighters and won.

Just got back training with Aaron Baum at kings cross and man everything my sifu said about the guy was right. One of the nicest, toughest guys I've meet. There's not many people I would sparr bare knuckle with upon first meeting but felt instantly at ease with the guy. There was no ego entering his class and he guys - and girls, were all friendly. We were able to sparr hard, soft, flow and grind. His striking in the clinch through me off. Looking at him I thought he would be a handful physically but the way he take my balance left me grinning ear to ear. Because I started competing almost as soon as I began wing Chun, I feel I need to go back to the fundamentals. The obvious consequence of competing so soon in MMA is you kind of fall into the jack of all trades predicament, or at least I have. You kind of learn just enough to get you by before the next fight ect. It's funny how you come full circle in your training - the same thing happened with my bjj. I will be training there every Thursday from now, preparing for some bare knuckle bouts I've got planned while I'm over here.

Latest Discussions

Back