Found a training tool call evnik simulator online
Anyone tried it before ?
Does it help boost our speed?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This???? --

Not sure why this is posted on the Wing Chun forum. I don't see how this training tool would contribute to Wing Chun, at least as I train it.

The way they show it being used with a boxier's jabbing motion might work in the PCE Escrima I teach, which uses a jab. But we already accomplish much the same effect using a short, 24 in. baston which is snapped elastically using the wrist. And, the alignment of the baston with the wrist is superior for our purposes, so my overall reaction is ....meh.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Same concept as Kung Fu Rings and Long Staff (long pole) training exercises. I think I'm with geezer on this one. From first looks I would think that it would only help certain types of punches. I'm from a circular system so something like this won't provide the same benefit. I'm not saying that the product won't work, but I definitely think it will work better for some systems than others. My thoughts is that while using this tool that the energy that one generates will no longer exit the fist but the heavy end of the tool and this is what appears to be happening to the girl at the 3:11 mark. The only real way to know is try it out with a jab that twists.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well if you won't buy that "Evnik" training tool based on what that cute and quite talented little girl can do "Tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-toot!" ....then perhaps I can sell you a rotten aspen tree trunk? It's the ultimate. Just watch this:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well if you won't buy that "Evnik" training tool based on what that cute and quite talented little girl can do "Tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-toot!" ....then perhaps I can sell you a rotten aspen tree trunk? It's the ultimate. Just watch this:

ha ha ha.. no thanks. I already punch trees, brick walls, metal, leather punching mits, leather gloves, foam head gear, and people... oh and most recently plastic drinking straws lol.

OP
kakkattekoi

kakkattekoi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thank you! Came across this interesting training tool online earlier that's why was wonder if this would benefit the wing chun way of delivering a punch
Just figure it's better to have new to commend and discuss then having similar post of trying to find out the significant of WSLVT , YM style , leung ting style, or the diff between Different lineage, etc etc etc etc
(Sorry I got carried away)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Are there any videos of people who have used this product?

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tbh for speed and accuracy I don't think you can get much better than this. Everlast Reflex Bag - Walmart.com

If you aren't fast enough with your chain punches, or straight enough, the bag will swing back and hit you.

Latest Discussions