Totally Tae Kwon Do - Most Rated TKD Books Survey

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

Totally Tae Kwon Do magazine invites you to take part in an online survey regarding Tae Kwon Do books. The survey asks you to rate the Tae Kwon Do books you own.

The idea of the survey is to find out what books readers of the magazine consider the most valuable and compile some "Top 10" type lists. The list has been compiled from Amazon.com's top 100 Tae Kwon Do books plus a few more that I could think of, however, if I have missed any, please drop me an email and let me know and Ill add them.

Unlike the Amazon listing which lists books according to how well they sell, this survey should allow us to list books according to how well they are liked, so will show readers of the magazine what are probibly the best value books to spend their hard earned cash on.

The books in the survey are divided up into WTF/KKW based, ITF/Ch'ang Hon based & Others that didnt fit into the first two categories or I wasnt sure about, plus theres a section for adding the books I may have missed or new books that come out. Also, you are free to go back later and change your answers if you wish.

Please be aware it is not a ITF Vs WTF competition as books will be listed as "Top Books for WTF'ers" etc. or "Top Book On Ch'ang Hon/ITF" patterns... so please only rate the ones you own and by-pass any that you dont have. Please take your time with this survey, as many books have similar titles, so if in doubt, please look on amazon.com or google them.

Finally, I apologise if I have put any book in the wrong category (books are basically split by WTF/ITF/Other to simplify the lists. If a book covers more than one type of TKD it will be either listed according to the authors system or in the 'Other' category) .. however, please let me know if any are badly listed.

Enjoy the survey, the link is: http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.as...2-c63eaa3a0296

Regards,

Stuart

www.totallytkd.com
The Free Global Tae Kwon Do Magazine

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Me, too. I can't believe I own close to half of all those books Stuart has listed. And I've read cover to cover perhaps 5 of them. Just goes to show how unexceptional most MA books are...

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Nightmare, I clicked on the wrong one and you cant take it back!

What about adding Kim Jeong Rok's series of 3 books. They are excellent. If you search Amazon.com they appear. Hard to find now though.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I took the survey also. I was struck by the amount of books I hadn't read on the subject. Honestly, I'd bet it's because my assumption is that few people have a unique enough view of their subject to be interesting. The belief (& perhaps mistakenly so) that one book will be a lot like another. The only reason to buy a new book on, say forms, would be if one didn't know those forms & wanted to learn. As a Kukki-TKD stylist, I don't need 5 books on the Tae Gueks poomsae. However, a book on Chang H'on tul might be an interesting read.

I'm interested in how the survey comes out.

OP
S

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nightmare, I clicked on the wrong one and you cant take it back!
Yes.. thats a pain and i couldnt find a way around it unfortunatly.. just click the nuetral (average) one perhaps!

What about adding Kim Jeong Rok's series of 3 books. They are excellent. If you search Amazon.com they appear. Hard to find now though.
Email me the links and Ill add them

Cheers,

Stuart

OP
S

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score

Latest Discussions