Tiger Claw

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doe's anyone have any good or bad experiences with Tiger Claw products? I bought a new 14oz Gi and a new gear bag. I was very impressed with the quality of both. I might consider buying other Tiger Claw products.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doe's anyone have any good or bad experiences with Tiger Claw products? I bought a new 14oz Gi and a new gear bag. I was very impressed with the quality of both. I might consider buying other Tiger Claw products.

No bad comments here.

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been buying their gis for three years and I haven't had any problems with them. They are a pretty decent company to deal with. The kenpo that I teach uses the Villari belt ranks. We have two belts that have to be special ordered. A blue belt with a green stripe down the belt and a green belt with a brown stripe. When I used to get them made through Century, they had a $20 set up fee each time I placed the order and it took them something like 4 to 6 weeks to get them out. With Tiger Claw, I can order one or two at a time if I need to, there is no set up fee, it only adds $1 to the cost of the belt, and I get it within the week.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
My instructor gets everything through them, and has for I don't know how long. I have some old gi's/ dobaks from them, and they still look good! Belts are really good too. They aren't very heavy/ thick, but hold up nicely.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been buying their gis for three years and I haven't had any problems with them. They are a pretty decent company to deal with.
Haven' t tried their gis, but might next time. Have gotten equipment from them, though, and so far so good (we only notice when it doesn't hold up, eh?)

The kenpo that I teach uses the Villari belt ranks. We have two belts that have to be special ordered. A blue belt with a green stripe down the belt and a green belt with a brown stripe. When I used to get them made through Century, they had a $20 set up fee each time I placed the order and it took them something like 4 to 6 weeks to get them out. With Tiger Claw, I can order one or two at a time if I need to, there is no set up fee, it only adds $1 to the cost of the belt, and I get it within the week.
This I didn't know. Very good info.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also, I know they make custom gis. Remember one made for/worn by Willie 'The Bam' Johnson that was actually Chinese style uniform but in Camo material. If I would'a looked as good as him wearing it, I'da ordered one on the spot. :lol:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I have purchased Tiger Claw products and have always been very happy with them. I like their gi's very much.

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't intend to buy a new gi. God knows I don't need another one, and I haven't told my wife yet
icon9.gif
. But there was a Tiger Claw booth at the tournament yesterday and they had a gear bag that I fell in love with (hell, I don't need another gear bag either
icon10.gif
) so I bought it.

Then I noticed a 14oz heavyweight stone washed black gi on display that I also fell in love with. And they just happened to have a size 6. So there ya go...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't intend to buy a new gi. God knows I don't need another one, and I haven't told my wife yet
icon9.gif
. But there was a Tiger Claw booth at the tournament yesterday and they had a gear bag that I fell in love with (hell, I don't need another gear bag either
icon10.gif
) so I bought it.

Then I noticed a 14oz heavyweight stone washed black gi on display that I also fell in love with. And they just happened to have a size 6. So there ya go...

That is so funny! Sounds like me when I go to the mall. :p

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
icon9.gif
icon10.gif
) so I bought it.

Ohhhhhhh are you gonna get it...LOL

stoneheart

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I bought a Tigerclaw Hayashi a year ago, and it was the worst "heavyweight" gi I've ever bought. The workmanship wasn't bad, but the fabric was hardly what I expected. Not a true heavyweight at all. I didn't pay much ($53?) but then again what I got wasn't worth $53 either.

If you're in the market for a cheap heavyweight uniform, get Wacoku or KI or Pro Force.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know it. She might start making me go to Gi's Anonymous. I'm trying to get her to go to Shoes Anonymous...
icon12.gif

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to join both. *sigh*

Seriously, I just remembered that my school in Tenn. bought all their equipment and gi's from Tiger Claw. They had a wholesale account with them.

Latest Discussions