Thor VS Green Lantern... who will win?

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have to go with GL because I'm a DC fan. Besides, as far as favorite heroes go, GL (Hal) is number 4 on my list, whereas Thor isn't really even a blip. I have never bought a Thor book, if he's in Avengers or showing up in some other book I read then cool.

green_lantern_comic_book_flight_alex_ross.jpg
0811849317_large.jpg

green_lantern-costume.jpg

hzulkar

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm a Marvel zombie, so you can guess which movie I'll pick. In fact a Marvel Zombies movie could be interesting. Probably gonna just rent GL. Also, they should've let Hal stay dead. Kyle is a better GL, IMO.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Should be Green Lantern easily. I just think more people can identify with him, rather than the God of Thunder.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm a Marvel zombie, so you can guess which movie I'll pick. In fact a Marvel Zombies movie could be interesting. Probably gonna just rent GL. Also, they should've let Hal stay dead. Kyle is a better GL, IMO.

There's a reason why they brought Hal Jordan back. Kyle Raynor really never filled his place in the fans' hearts.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually, I was a Kyle Raynor fan first. Aroudn '94 when he was introduced I was just a Batman, Superman, Flash, JL, Avengers fan. It was the draw of a new GL that got me into the book and his second mini series "Hero's Quest" that got me hooked. It was then that I realized how awesome GL was and went back to the graphic novels.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There WAS (or is he still around) a Marvel character that WAS a Zombie. Can't quite remember specific details... Morbus or something like that. T'was pretty creepy.
But he wasn't a Romero type ... more like a night-stalker Kolchak that had a slight awareness of himself and his surroundings.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually, things which come across well in comics often look cheesy onscreen. I mean, will they have Hal making big green boxing gloves and fans, like in the comics? Will Thor hang there in the air until his hammer returns to him? Will he speak as though quoting the King James Bible?
Yea and verily, methinks that the film which maketh the most lucre shall be that which receiveth the least bad buzz from the hoary hordes of fans who attendeth the first weekend's showing.
Excelsior!

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thor, hands down. Who do you think is going to draw in the female non-comic-reading audience? The friggin' viking, that's who. A viking with a cape, no less. It's like somebody scanned my wife's brain.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's an Asian looking guy in the hall in Asgard.

An Asian... in Asgard...

C'mon...

CHUCK FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's an Asian looking guy in the hall in Asgard.
An Asian... in Asgard...
C'mon...
CHUCK FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think he's one of the Warriors 3 who did have an Asian in the group. Don't confuse Norse mythology with Marvel. Marvel just used Norse myth as a jumping off point and much of what is presented is way different. That's why it's fiction, Marvel can write and put in whoever they want. Heck, even Hulk was in Asgard for a while.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he's one of the Warriors 3 who did have an Asian in the group.
Yeah, I always thought Hogun the Grim (name aside) looked kind of Asian, maybe Mongolian. Or at least "comic book Mongolian".
He was the guy with the mace, BTW.