They are back!!!

spaced

White Belt
Reaction score
Cant believe these guys are still filming and posting their embarrassing videos!!!

Enjoy!

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't know what to say so I'm going to agree with Tony and say ."At least they're getting some exercise."

I will however say the last demo of the guy who hits the board with his fist but doesn't break it is classic. From the sound of it, it seems like someone switched boards on him because that's the sound the bones make when it hits construction grade wood. The part that put a grin on my face was how he played off the pain of hitting that board. By the way his hand slid on the wood, he probably lost some skin.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I truly want to say something about what I saw on the video but I am without the words that can describe how absolutely horrid I found the whole thing.
What ever happened to the standards black belts where held to many years ago

Edit I never made it through the whole 7 minutes I just could not watch it anymore

The Great Gigsy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I will say that it gave me a good laugh. Which was welcomed as it's been a trying day dealing with the 3yo.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I truly want to say something about what I saw on the video but I am without the words that can describe how absolutely horrid I found the whole thing.
What ever happened to the standards black belts where held to many years ago

Edit I never made it through the whole 7 minutes I just could not watch it anymore

Welcome to the era of instant gratification where everyone wins, and you can feel like you've accomplished something without doing anything at all. Because of that, the black belt in Karate means next to nothing.

The old masters are rolling in their graves.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Im not sure why people get such a kick out of making fun of these dudes. Who cares they are having fun and enjoy what they do. Good for them.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry I was not making fun of them I am simply saying that what I see is an insult to those who studied and made the grade many years ago.
The fact that they seem to be having fun is a different point of how demonstrations and testing is done in some places from what would have been acceptable years ago vs today

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry I was not making fun of them I am simply saying that what I see is an insult to those who studied and made the grade many years ago.
Im not sure how what a bunch of guys you don't know doing something you don't train in is an insult.
The fact that they seem to be having fun is a different point of how demonstrations and testing is done in some places from what would have been acceptable years ago vs today
So you dont have fun training? Then what's the point? For a vast majority of people martial arts are just a hobby. If they enjoy their hobby how does that have any effect on you?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Im not sure why people get such a kick out of making fun of these dudes. Who cares they are having fun and enjoy what they do. Good for them.
It's just Hanzou.. most people see the danger in it. It's all fun until one of these guys think their martial arts training can actually get them out of a fight. It's all fun until they learn the hard way that someone was taking advantage of them and they wasted all of that money and their time training incorrectly.
Even hobbies have standards. You wouldn't want to learn sky diving from a fake sky diver instructor. So why would you want to learn martial arts from a fake martial art instructor?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This goes back to what I said before on another thread, it's unfair to laugh at them, rant at the instructors not them. Do the students know what they are doing, do they know they can't defend themselves or do they think that is how training is supposed to be? They meet the standards set by the instructors, the standards of the school presumably. that would know better should make us sad/humble/thankful whatever but not crease up on laughter.
If you don't like what they do and feel strongly contact them, if you don't feel that strongly stop being unkind by posting the videos up here so you can feel superior which is really why people watch and post this up. " oh wow look how funny these guys are and how much better I am" Really? it's best to shut up and train because there's always someone better than you out there and leave others to do what they will.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im not sure how what a bunch of guys you don't know doing something you don't train in is an insult.

So you dont have fun training? Then what's the point? For a vast majority of people martial arts are just a hobby. If they enjoy their hobby how does that have any effect on you?
I haven't watched the vid, yet, but if you see bad martial arts training, it should concern you that these people are passing this on to their children, and their children's children.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched the vid, yet, but if you see bad martial arts training, it should concern you that these people are passing this on to their children, and their children's children.

Concern is one thing, using them for a cheap laugh is another.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Look at the website for the WMAA group and some of the things that they have achieved in service of the local community. Not everything is about physical / martial skill.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So do two dudes rolling and flailing on a mat. So what's you point

If you're flailing around on the mat, you need to find a better grappling gym.

It's just Hanzou.. most people see the danger in it. It's all fun until one of these guys think their martial arts training can actually get them out of a fight. It's all fun until they learn the hard way that someone was taking advantage of them and they wasted all of that money and their time training incorrectly.
Even hobbies have standards. You wouldn't want to learn sky diving from a fake sky diver instructor. So why would you want to learn martial arts from a fake martial art instructor?

I didn't start this thread. :p

Latest Discussions