The worst job you ever had

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think I have some of you beat. I worked at a processing place where I headed (tore the heads off) and packed shrimp. I smelled like rotten fish the entire time I worked there, showers didn't help, had to throw my clothes away. You could smell me coming. Even homeless panhandlers got a whiff of me and took off. It was hard work too. There was a really hot looking, but tough looking cajun gal who worked there, and she would just come by once every half hour or so, see where we were at, and in about 5 min catch up with our hours of work, she had fingers like lightning. Of course I was a teenager and had a huge crush on her. It looks better through the rose colored glasses of hindsight.

A

AnimEdge

Worked at a movie theater :p
I worked there for 2 years and was like the secound higest paid at 5.30 a hour
Mng. was paid like 7-8 a hour

Had to clean all the crap you people leave in the isles, though it is fun to kick out stupied kids and 12 year olds making out in theaters, worst part those is when some one craps all over the tolet or even better once some person left a full(i mean FULL) daiper in one of the tolets, sence it was a slack job me and some guy will go in in trashbag armor (like 5 trash bags on each arm and trash bag shirt and ect) i held the bag and he picked it up it was ozing out of the sides

Man i hated that job and the people i had to deal with
so many stories i have from there

Got fired becouse i told them i would mop something that was allready mopped and was clean enough to eat off of(whitch is rare) and i was going to mop it after the next set(group of movies) she fired me :p and she is cool when she was off dudtie she snuck me out Kill Bill 1 posters and such but as soon as she gets on the clock man, and i was far from the worst person there

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Worked at one of the dining commons in college. My friend Andy and I were the ones who took in the dirty trays, scraped food, cigarette butts and ash and so on off the plates. We used to have contests to see who could pick up the most glasses (I could do 12). He also worked in a fish place and would sometimes come directly there after stopping off to shower. The fish smell along with the garbage was, uh, interesting... KT

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
kenpo tiger said:
Worked at one of the dining commons in college. My friend Andy and I were the ones who took in the dirty trays, scraped food, cigarette butts and ash and so on off the plates. We used to have contests to see who could pick up the most glasses (I could do 12). He also worked in a fish place and would sometimes come directly there after stopping off to shower. The fish smell along with the garbage was, uh, interesting... KT

The two summers after I graduated from high school, I used to be a caretaker for my parish. One of our duties was cleaning up after the twice weekly bingo nights. I also used to work as a bingo-guy on those nights. There's nothing more frightening than being in a room of 1000 70-90 year old women smoking like chimneys (cigars even) frantically managing 15-20 bingo cards and waving their arms like windmills when they get a bingo. I still have nightmares about that, especially the cleanup.

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have done more than my share of bingos. That feeling of being able to peel a layer of tar and nicotine directly of the skin afterwards still makes me shudder.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Alcohol works well to dissolve that off your skin. Then you let the alcohol evaporate. Then you smoke what's left over. Mmmmmmmmm!:rofl:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
qizmoduis said:
The two summers after I graduated from high school, I used to be a caretaker for my parish. One of our duties was cleaning up after the twice weekly bingo nights. I also used to work as a bingo-guy on those nights. There's nothing more frightening than being in a room of 1000 70-90 year old women smoking like chimneys (cigars even) frantically managing 15-20 bingo cards and waving their arms like windmills when they get a bingo. I still have nightmares about that, especially the cleanup.
:rofl:
*cough, cough* *sputter* ahem... I feel your pain, worked bingos from my daughter's shooting team. Used to strip my clothes off in the bathroom and shower immediately after cause I couldn't stand the smell. We now have a smoke free law and you can't smoke in public at all anymore. Some bingo halls have closed down because people don't come and play anymore now that they can't smoke.

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
My worst job ever was definitely when i was in high school, i worked as an aide in the guidance office during the summer and after school as part of the CETA program. (it was during the recession and my dad was out of work, so i was allowed to get a job with the school) Well for two weeks during the summer the guidance office would close and i had to work with the custodial staff, the two jobs that were given to me to do during that two weeks along with the other girls that worked in the dean's office and the main office was - dusting the library and the books!

and the worst ever - scraping the gum off of the bottom of each desk top and washing every desk in the school! That's right - i was the person that did this! All for minimum wage! Yet i would go back summer after summer - i had a lot of fun with the other workers, even the job itself was really yucky!

Donna

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
flatlander said:
My monkey suit job was worse. Trust me. It was so humiliating. I still have issues. :mst:
Well how about scraping gum while wearing the monkey suit! Now that would lead to some heavy duty therapy!!!

Donna

T

TonyM.

Ahhh, CETA kids! When I managed a HUD maintenance crew, how I loved how they would break the lawnmowers and other equiptment so they didn't have to work.

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
TonyM. said:
Ahhh, CETA kids! When I managed a HUD maintenance crew, how I loved how they would break the lawnmowers and other equiptment so they didn't have to work.
Hey Tony, it didn't matter, as soon as i'd break a scraper or gunk it up, they'd hand me a bright shiny new one! There was no way out!!!! no way out! The custodians actually got a kick out of us (they would sit and watch us scrape while they ate their breakfast specials and drank their coffee) and then tell us we missed some gum here or there! I actually did this for three summers!

I had a lot of fun with the other kids in the program and made some great friends! I also learned to learned to handle a scraper pretty well!

Donna :asian:

T

TonyM.

Back in the seventies, my CETA kids would stop the blades of the mowers on curbs to break the set pins in the flywheels or bend the maincranks. I'd find them off in the woods getting stoned. Then I'd break out the older, HEAVIER mowers.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
The job I'm currently in is my worst job ever. Security. Sure it pays well, but damn is it boring. Not to mention the hours I work. 6am to 6pm one week, 6pm to 6am the next week and so forth. 12 hour shifts are a pain, hard to plan anything around them, except sleep. And yeah, I wear a monkey suit as well. Not to mention people treat you like crap. No, I'm not a cop, I provide a service, insurance purposes for the company in case something happens. Oh well.

A---)

A

auxprix

There were a few instances when I worked construction that come to mind:

1. Pulling down rotting insulated ceiling tile. The mold and fiberglass falls all over your face and down your shirt. After an hour, your pores open up and the itching starts, but you still have 6 hours left in the day. and around lunchtime, your skin is burning. I would go home and take two 40 minute showers attempting to get the glass out of my skin, but there was still a lingering itch the next morning.

2. I guess this is a fairly common job for laborers, but I only had to do it once. There were some augered holes that were about 7 1/2 feet deep that had taken in alot of rain and mud over the weeked. Therefore, they were filled too high to put in the posts, but the ground was too soupy to auger. So the sent me (naturally, the summer help gets the worst of the jobs) into the holes to dig them out. I took a step into them and sank down to my thighs in the mud. I spent 9 hours that day filling buckets full of mud, and bailing them over the side. I got out of there looking like swamp thing.

B

bullydog

My worst job ever was working in a County Jail. I worked nights, so I had to fight just to stay awake. Now, picture hot summer nights, no wind at all, the rooms in the building are well over 80 degrees, and you have a bunch of inmates that are OBVIOUSLY not required to shower...EVER!!! Then they would decide that they are going to save their milks from lunch, and throw it at the day guy on the following day. Well, they would cover him, but get it all over the walls. Nobody cleans that crap up, and guess what? Sour milk + thirty mens' nasty body oder + an 80 degree room does not equal a new cologne scent... I quit in 8 months.

B

bullydog

My worst job ever was working in a County Jail. I worked nights, so I had to fight just to stay awake. Now, picture hot summer nights, no wind at all, the rooms in the building are well over 80 degrees, and you have a bunch of inmates that are OBVIOUSLY not required to shower...EVER!!! Then they would decide that they are going to save their milks from lunch, and throw it at the day guy on the following day. Well, they would cover him, but get it all over the walls. Nobody cleans that crap up, and guess what? Sour milk + thirty mens' nasty body oder + an 80 degree room does not equal a new cologne scent... I quit in 8 months.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL :lol: There were so many! The worst though may have been the job at the arboretum. Ahhh flowers pretty pretty flowers how hard could it be? Planting, watering, oh.............. smelling the delicate blossoms surrounded by nature... what a lucky girl to land such a job! Ha! And to think all of my lazy friends would spend their summer lying on a beach! How could they possibly choose that over a cushy job smelling flowers and enjoying this world of beauty? After a 40 minute ride on the "special arboretum bus" with all sorts of unusual kids (no air conditioning) in long sleeve pants and shirts that were our "uniforms" ugh in the middle of summer!!! We get to the pretty pretty arboretum and drive directly away from the pretty pretty flowers to a dirty shed and are given our tools! An ax? :xtrmshock Surely there must have been some mistake! I didn't belong here! A mix-up of some sort! How was I to tend the garden, water the flowers with an ax??? This, this was the start of a teenage chain gain (like in the movie holes) clearing the woods of sticky (blood drawing) bushes, vines and one foot diameters trees that had to be chopped down and dragged through the thick tick and other creepy crawly creature laden scratchy rotten overgrown forest of arboretum hell!:rpo:

I stuck it out for all six weeks. I told my friends they had no idea what they had missed! :uhyeah:

Silat Student

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well lesse, My family is in construction, carpentry to be exact. So that means I have remodeled houses before.....ooooold houses......with things that have died in the walls..... I have discovered the joys of fiber glass and lead paint, I have had the pleasure of being covered in roach @!!$ and rat $#!!.

The other crappy job I have had was working at a Major Southern Grocery Chain (I won't name names but these people ask for your Kash and then help you Karry your groceries out) and managed to piss off a manager because he didn't like a friend of mine who had worked there for quite some time. So I got bathroom detail quite a bit, some people seemed to enjoy making a game out of seeing how far they could throw their fecal matter. I didn't last very long in that job. But I'd love to see the manager, somewhere remote maybe....without any blabber mouthed moral people around. :firepower:

Latest Discussions