The worst job you ever had

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was an advertising gorilla. I dressed up in a gorilla suit and danced around on the sidewalk for an independant vacuum cleaner shop called the Hillybilly Vac Shack.

I'm so humiliated right now....I don't know why I just published this information on a public forum.

G

Gary Crawford

OMG!!! You even have pics! I have had some bad jobs in my life,but no way I can top that!

M

Mark Weiser

I got ya beat Pal. I was an Assist Manager for Church's Chicken. I had to wear a Chicken costume out by the highway near the restaraunt and tried to wave people in.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee, no way could many top that, flatlander but obviously you've gotten over...the uhh...humility. G, humility is a good trait in the martial arts.

The worst job I had was working in a security department of May Co. All I did was file cards and send undercovers to areas by radio. I was a starving artist going to art school. Once they had a really scary incident when the guy was on drugs and uncontrollable in the office. Another was when they had a stabbing on the ice rink. I guess it really wasn't such a bad job, kind of interesting. But I had no MA training then either. And I had a couple bad incidents going home after work at 9pm on the bus. Guy followed me, I ran, got in my apartment in time. The young and foolish days. sigh TW

M

Mark Weiser

We have no choice we were slaves to our bosses lol! Oh and by the way the kids loved us and they loved to kick and punch to see if I was real. Thanks alot little ones.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
I still have y'all beat. Imagine grading mushrooms, by hand for 8 - 10 hours a day. You do know what mushrooms grow in?
Dirt?

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am just *chortling* tonight. So another joins the humility club and learns early the value of the hard kick. Good martial arts training, and you didn't know....maybe the costume saved you both. ;) TW

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
It is about 30% dirt, and 70% Bull Pucky. The smell never leaves those clothes.
Is "Bull Pucky" what I think it is? I hope you weren't married then!!! :barf:

- Ceicei

M

Mark Weiser

Let me see if I can enlighten you here. The end result of food items being discharged from our bodies from the rectum.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
What can be worse than manure? TW

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Worst job I ever had?

Easy. Sorting recyclables out of the garbage.

I lasted 4 days. On the 5th, just before lunch one of the zombies I worked with and I were sent upto of an open top rig. (Think 18 wheeler but with the top open.) We were to unroll this tarp over the load to keep it from blowing crap out while in transit. Zombie boy gives it a tug while I'm standing there, catches me behind the knees ans sends my sorry geek *** flying...off the truck, 11 or so feet up, ground covered in construction debris. If I hadn't caught the ladder on my way over, I would have been a real shish-ka-Bob on the debris below.

I quit on the spot.

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Is "Bull Pucky" what I think it is? I hope you weren't married then!!! :barf:

- Ceicei

I did it, when I was in college. And I did it when I was married because my wife wanted me to help family out with their business.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
Let me see if I can enlighten you here. The end result of food items being discharged from our bodies from the rectum.
Very eloquently put, sir! :rolleyes:

- Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
I did it, when I was in college. And I did it when I was married because my wife wanted me to help family out with their business.
I guess you bought a lot of stock in laundry detergent....

- Ceicei

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
Around here, we call that our city government. :D

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Worst job I ever had?

Easy. Sorting recyclables out of the garbage.

I lasted 4 days. On the 5th, just before lunch one of the zombies I worked with and I were sent upto of an open top rig. (Think 18 wheeler but with the top open.) We were to unroll this tarp over the load to keep it from blowing crap out while in transit. Zombie boy gives it a tug while I'm standing there, catches me behind the knees ans sends my sorry geek *** flying...off the truck, 11 or so feet up, ground covered in construction debris. If I hadn't caught the ladder on my way over, I would have been a real shish-ka-Bob on the debris below.

I quit on the spot.
OOOOwwwww!! Doesn't all that stink? I know some people put in "gooey" stuff in the garbage.

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions