The who's Who in TKD

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who would you say are some of the mor epowerful people in TKD today and why? I do not mean Presidents but those that are behind the scene's fighting the good fight for all of TKD.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a very wide open question... especially given the large number of organizations out there, each with its own persons who are fighting the good fight... else the organization would probably not exist.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a very wide open question... especially given the large number of organizations out there, each with its own persons who are fighting the good fight... else the organization would probably not exist.

Lets see Kacey for your org we have Master Arnold from the California State Org we have Master Jimmy Kim here in Texas we have me but I am really a nobody because I do not play the game. We also have Master Giambi and Master Mc Closkey. That names a few. anymore anybody

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Personal opinion: within five years, the Olympic Tae Kwon Do people will become less and less relevant.

Also, I tend not to count people who make the covers of magazines. They just buy publicity. That does not necessarily mean they're important.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe Jhoon Rhee, Hee Il Cho, Suh Chong Kang (Most senior Taekwondoin alive if memory serves)

These men have made considerable contributions.

tkd1964

Green Belt
Reaction score
Grandmaster Nam Tae Hi would be my pick and for an American it would be Gm Charles Sereff.

tkd1964

Green Belt
Reaction score
Reading the initial question again, it's hard to say behind the scenes since they are in the forfront. Master Wheatley, Master Nichols, Master Gallaraga (sp), Master Rai, these masters have been great ambassadors for TKD. I'm sure there are others I didn't name who are doing their part for my Organization.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who would you say are some of the mor epowerful people in TKD today and why? I do not mean Presidents but those that are behind the scene's fighting the good fight for all of TKD.

I think there are quite a few unsung heroes of TKD. Dr. OH, Dae Young, the Academic Section head of Kukkiwon is one such person-he is in charge of the Instructor Training. As such, he has influenced thousands of Taekwondoin.

A globe-trotting ambassador for Taekwondo is GM PARK, Hae Man. He continues to promote the art which he has studied for nearly 60 years.

GM LEE, Kyu Hyun organized the largest TKD demonstration ever for the 1988 Olympics. He still trains the Kukkiwon's Demonstration Team which travels the world bringing interest to TKD.

Then there is the rest of us--if we do our part correctly, we are showing the world what a great martial art TKD is, and can be.

Miles

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Question: if he is a Tae Kwon Do instructor, why is he using a sword in the photo?

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The forerunners to todays Tae Kwon Do sometimes involved weapons. He's also not just an instructor, but a founder.

He has recently founded a new style of Tae Kwon Do called Chun Kuhn Do which puts back in alot of the original content. Including weapons. Unfortunately that website seems to have dissapeared. I believe he has done this as he is unhappy with the way TKD is going in many places. I may be wrong though, far be it for me to speak for him.

Latest Discussions