The Truth About Goshi-Shun Grand Masters

goshishun

White Belt
Reaction score
The Truth About Goshi-Shun Grand Masters

There is one and only one Grand Master of the Goshi-Shun Martial Arts System. Sensei William (Bill) W. Wilson, also known as Nasser Abdul Hafiz is the current and only legitimate Grand Master of the Goshi-Shun Martial Arts System. There is not a legitimate student or Sensei of Goshi-Shun in America who’s line of instructors do not trace directly back to William W. Wilson. He brought the Art and Science of Goshi-Shun to the United States of America from Japan in 1951. This was an unpopular time for Japanese culture including the Japanese martial arts in America. He established the first dojo open to the public in the State of New Jersey. He personally taught karate, jujitsu, katsugo (now banned), The Art and Science of the True and Proper Proportion of Goshi-Shun, and other martial arts within his repertoire, at this dojo. He was sanctioned, in the early nineteen sixties, to establish a lodge for the higher level training and education of select martial artists in America. The lodge and accompanying system is called Kiaki. He is currently the only Judan (Tenth Degree or Red Belt) within the Goshi-Shun Martial Arts System. He also is and has remains the only Grand Master of the Kiaki Lodge. There can only be one at a time! He has publically announced the selection of his successor for the leadership lineage of Goshi-Shun Martial Arts System as Sensei Charles Wilson also known as Ibn, or Sensei “Loco San”. Sensei Charles Wilson is currently and has been for quite some time, the highest ranked Sensei directly promoted under Grand Master William W. Wilson, within the Goshi-Shun Martial Arts System. Sensei Charles Wilson currently has the Rank of Hachidan (Eighth Degree) and status of Hanshi in the Goshi-Shun Martial Arts System. He has studied Goshi-Shun Karate, and Art and Science of the True and Proper Proportion of Goshi-Shun directly under the tutelage of Sensei William W. Wilson, since his childhood in the early nineteen sixties. During these decades he has been uniquely and directly prepared for his role as successor.

Sensei William W. Wilson, Grand Master has had many thousands of students. Some of them have acquired fame in the martial arts arena. Some have chosen to overshadow or dismiss their teachings for the pursuit of personal recognition and personal profit. Some have simply bailed out or quit the system due to the extensive, intense, and rigorous training. Some have found that the portions of the training that they received in their limited experiences of Goshi-Shun have qualified them to be “Masters” in unrelated and often dubious other martial arts systems. Some have chosen to start their own martial arts systems utilizing their partial training in Goshi-Shun and partial training in other martial arts. These derivative types of systems are inherently and will remain incomplete by definition. Let’s face it you can’t teach what you don’t know. You do not know what you have not learned. You can have no way of knowing what you have not been taught; you can only assume you know. Some students have been presumptuous enough to believe that they have learned everything in the lower ranks. Others are deceitful enough to proclaim to others that they have achieved mastery because they have been allowed to teach the portions which they know. Very, very few of his students have been persistent enough and persevered long enough within the Goshi-Shun Martial Arts System to “Master” themselves, not to mention mastering a system which is greater than themselves. Yet there are many people, other than Grand master William W. Wilson, who claim to be Grand Masters in Goshi-Shun or in Goshi-Shun related martial arts. None of them, NONE OF THEM!!!, have been sanctioned to make such claims. This includes those who go to remote locations or locations unfamiliar with Karate or The Art and Science of the True and Proper Proportion of Goshi-Shun, and establish unsanctioned dojos. This includes those who use media propaganda such as the internet and written publications to promote their self serving interests for fame and profit with false claims of rank or illegitimate training credentials. This includes those who open unsanctioned dojos, making reference to the name Goshi-Shun in their dojos or unsanctioned systems. This includes those who perpetrate the fraud of claiming ranks or tiles within the Goshi-Shun Martial Arts System which were not obtained from legitimate Goshi-Shun Sensei. Some have from time to time illegitimately claimed higher ranks in Goshi-Shun than the Goshi-Shun Sensei who taught them. This includes those who claim to redefine Goshi-Shun Martial Arts System to conform to their own limited knowledge of The Art and Science of the True and Proper Proportion of Goshi-Shun. Some chose to fain, and deceive others with enterprises of creative deception for their own enlightened self interest and profit. They may teach a little of this and a little of that and create deception as they go along. Some of them do not even know the correct spelling or pronunciation of Goshi-Shun, not to mention the meaning, or knowledge behind the name, or the symbolic emblem of the Red Circle Black Hand. This also includes everyone who ventures to diminish the role and title of the existing Grand Master, Sensei William W. Wilson, by calling him the father of the system, or the founder of the system in America, Supreme Grand Master, or various other descriptors to falsely validate reserving the title of Grand Master for themselves. Some people have been weaving this web of deception for so long that they are caught up in it and there is no honorable way out, for them or their students who are often victims by default. Don’t believe the hype. All legitimately sanctioned Goshi-Shun and Goshi-Shun related martial arts systems are under the jurisdiction of the one and only Grand Master of Goshi-Shun: Sensei William W. Wilson, Grand Master.

By Master Charles Wislon-8th Degree Black Belt (Goshi-Shun Karate)

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
This post is just a copy paste from his myspace page.
The story reminds me of a certain ninjutsu cult.

Anyway, are there documented cases of lines of traditional JMA passing from a Japanese to a non-Japanese? I don't mean via menkyo kaiden but transferral of sokeship?

ap Oweyn

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My birthday was last Thursday. Turned 38 and celebrated with a trip to Portland, Maine.

This is the largely irrelevant personal information thread, right?

Stuart

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think I'm addicted to Mafia Wars on Facebook

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Buggrit, Buggrit, I told 'em so, Millenium Hand and Shrimp! Buggrit! Buggrit!

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm the mad bomber what bombs at midnight!!

Do what does ya sez to yaself? Do you sez I'm The Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight baby?

Cause me... i just say.... SSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it says 'legitimate' does that means his parents were married then?

ap Oweyn ...brilliant name! Glyndwr is it? One of my heroes!

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My birthday was last Thursday. Turned 38 and celebrated with a trip to Portland, Maine.

This is the largely irrelevant personal information thread, right?

Stuart

Well, happy b-day. And I like ice cream, rocky road ice cream.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Toby Threadgill is worldwide adminstrative head of Takamura ha Shindo Yoshin Ryu-not quite "koryu, " nor the same as "soke," but close.....

My birthday is in two Sundays-I'll be starting my 50th year. :lol:

I've attended several seminars where Threadgill Sensei was the featured instructor. They were well worth the time invested.

Latest Discussions