The Top 15 Martial Art Movie Stars.

OP
T

tmanifold

Littledragon said:
He is a blackbelt in Shotokan Karate but I don't think any of his movies were very groundbreaking, just doesn't appeal to me.

Kyukushinkai actually, IIRC. I knew a guy that sparred with him once and said he was quite good. He always played it down which is a shame he could have had some good success as a Martial arts actor.

He is a Capoeria and Karate practicioner.
He is primarily kung fu. He has done some Capoeria as well as some FMA. He was just doing it for fun and exercise but since Passenger 57 he has started studying things that translate to the movies.

4) Carrie Anne Moss (Matrix chick)
I thought about putting some people from the martix. Especially Larry fishburne as a great actor who does martial arts but they just weren't quit there, except the guy who guarded the oracle. He's good. It was rumor Jet Li turned down the part.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Littledragon said:
He is a blackbelt in Shotokan Karate but I don't think any of his movies were very groundbreaking, just doesn't appeal to me.
and Van Damme's done "groundbreaking" work...? he may have broken a few things on some of his wives but other than that...much rather watch Dolph(who put himself through MIT by winning the 80 & 81 European Titles btw), Dacascos, Swazey(sp?), either of the Lees, Snipes, and Speakman.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Snipes has also studied some kenpo, whether or not EPAK or other, I have no idea, he referenced to it in Blade II during a commentary to a specific technique.