The Study

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A great place to visit but I would not want to live there. In martial arts lingo, it is like a sparring match that never ends. You step in and take some lumps, give some lumps, and in the end you walk away wondering, "who the heck won". Then there are casualties that never return. If you like full contact then there is the place to be. " Don't forget your groin cup.
icon7.gif

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey! It's not just "The Study". I've copped a hammering in the ordinary part of the forum. :erg:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Get in my guard!

[yt]
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VXNroQ1-dWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VXNroQ1-dWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A great place to visit but I would not want to live there. In martial arts lingo, it is like a sparring match that never ends. You step in and take some lumps, give some lumps, and in the end you walk away wondering, "who the heck won". Then there are casualties that never return. If you like full contact then there is the place to be. " Don't forget your groin cup.
icon7.gif

This is part of why I don’t go there anymore and had Bob block it for me so I don’t see it.

IMO it is not part of an MA board but then I am seriously in the minority there

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's one of those things that enough people like it so we keep it, and it drives significant traffic which helps pay the bills. But, it's optional and can be blocked if folks desire.
MT's long since evolved past being a simple MA Board though, we're more a full community and that tends to be more dynamic and, ah shall we say 'volatile' at times.

Personally, I've backed my Study posting down significantly. Burned out and busy on other things. Sometimes, you just need a break. :)

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
icon7.gif

I live there ....and proud of it :angel:

I posted on a MA forum that did not allow discussions like politics religions and so on. I love that forum, they're sweet, and i love the MA people and MA discussions but for a person who likes politics and philosophical discussions like me you need a forum like The Study too. =]

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's one of those things that enough people like it so we keep it, and it drives significant traffic which helps pay the bills. But, it's optional and can be blocked if folks desire.
MT's long since evolved past being a simple MA Board though, we're more a full community and that tends to be more dynamic and, ah shall we say 'volatile' at times.

Personally, I've backed my Study posting down significantly. Burned out and busy on other things. Sometimes, you just need a break. :)

Oh sure hit me with the truth :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh sure hit me with the truth :D

Can I hit you with a mag lite? Pleeeeeez??

Oh wait...I like you, and don't have a reason to hit you. :eek:

Nebber mind....got carried away....

OP
seasoned

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Get in my guard!

[yt]
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VXNroQ1-dWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VXNroQ1-dWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]
Funny video, Bill. After watching it and seeing the guys mouth guard I am convinced that the groin cup and "mouth guard" are a must.
Also I did say it was a nice place to visit, but you better have your facts right and have your thick skin on, for sure.
icon7.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just post in the study when I am bored and want to poke some holes in flawed arguments from people who see things in black and white. I admit this is sometimes too easy.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just post in the study when I am bored and want to poke some holes in flawed arguments from people who see things in black and white. I admit this is sometimes too easy.

Easy like poking holes in shadows. You can only take it so far before the base of one's bias is rooted out. Then it's just a matter of belief...and that's the kind of BS that isn't easily addressed online.

But you can join my cult today right now for $19.95!

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
True. I don't argue with belief because that is a personal thing and I respect that even if I don't agree. I just poke fun at belief dressed up as rational argument. The fact that I normally do this to the righties does not mean I am a leftie myself.

I normally enjoy doing the same thing to lefties as well, but there aren't as many of those around here. For some reason MT membership is slanted significantly to the right, and those there are are not as vocal.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I normally enjoy doing the same thing to lefties as well, but there aren't as many of those around here. For some reason MT membership is slanted significantly to the right, and those there are are not as vocal.

Actually, I'm willing to bet that MT membership is slanted to the left, but those on the right tend to be more the Rush Limaughesque, bloviating, gaseous windbags......:lfao:

(Of course, there are more than a few like me, whose beliefs fall on either side of the aisle, depending on the issue. Hard time calling me a "lefty," but, between my nuanced stance on abortion and my support of gay rights, immigration reform and drug law reform, the right won't have me-even with my hardcore 2nd Amendment views....)

Last edited:

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I really like the study. I like a good discussion, even if it's a bit heated. If I'm wrong, well then hell, prove it to me. I like the interesting stuff that shows up there and I like the ideas/veiws that the members here share. We have a whole whack'O Uber bright kiddies here and I Want to hear what they have to say 'cause it's going to make me think, it's going to lead me down roads that I wouldn't have otherwise found. I thank all the people who participate in the study for this. :cheers:

Lori

Latest Discussions