FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Now.... where is my tinfoil hat?

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
But you're not keen if others do it of your country?
Not if I disagree with them.....then they're wrong.

However, if you're making fun of similar behavior in New York or the People's Republic of California, then i'm in complete agreement........feel free to ridicule the shrinking violet 'Big Brother' loving members of my society as much as I ridicule those in yours.......my distaste for those types knows NO national boundaries......hope that clarifies things. ;)

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is it illegal to carry a chain?
A brick?
A stick?

...where do you draw the line? And based on what logic?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
You can think it's that of course, it's clear that my explaining over and over again is pointless. The knife laws have been here for fifty years, the gun laws longer, it has nothing to do with terror at all in my country in which I am a serving police officer and obviously whatever I say about the law and how it's interpreted by police officers is worth nothing.

Hold on.... I specifically stated my rant was a bit off topic... It had nothing to do with your knife laws or law enforcement policy which I know nothing about. What you are saying makes sense... I hope that what I am saying makes sense on a different scale. Thanks

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hold on.... I specifically stated my rant was a bit off topic... It had nothing to do with your knife laws or law enforcement policy which I know nothing about. What you are saying makes sense... I hope that what I am saying makes sense on a different scale. Thanks

Now don't you go spoiling this thread with good sense and reasonable posts.......:lol:

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think someone mentioned it so far, but the only people who would buy these things are the kind of people who would not use their kitchen knives to stab someone in the first place. So in that regard they won't make much of a dent in knife crime.

Obi Wan Shinobi

Green Belt
Reaction score
This is crazy I mean when I was worked in the jail I used to find shanks made from plastic spoons and toothbrushes that they sharpened on the concrete. They can make a safety knife all they want but that won't stop anyone from trying to kill someone if their mental state is at that level.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is crazy I mean when I was worked in the jail I used to find shanks made from plastic spoons and toothbrushes that they sharpened on the concrete. They can make a safety knife all they want but that won't stop anyone from trying to kill someone if their mental state is at that level.

To be honest I don't think the guy is trying to stop murders, he's trying to make money off worried parents.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Much as I love blades I can't see me using a razor for it's orignal purpose lol! Do men use them because they are superior to all the modern shavers then?

In short, yup!

I can get the same shave as the modern razors in the same amount of time, but I rarely do -- I usually take the extra time to do it right and shave closer that even my old fashioned safety razor. And it's a whole lot cheaper, considering that I'll probably pass my razor on to my son.

For shaving anything other than a face, though, I would go modern.

But they do make lousy weapons -- that was my "point." (or lack of) :rofl:

But even then, it's the "image" of a straight razor that carries the modern imagination, not it's actual use.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Attention all users:

This thread had drifted a great deal from the original topic in the last 8 or 10 posts. Those posts were interesting, informative and most importantly, friendly discussion of the differences in self defense laws in the US and UK. To avoid further drift and to allow the great discussion to continue those posts were moved to a new thread which may be found here. I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. ;)

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
hmm the term ludicrous and more comes to mind.. only some government bureaucrat would come up with something that stupid i hope!!

hell you can stab some one with a fork !! let alone other things!!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm the term ludicrous and more comes to mind.. only some government bureaucrat would come up with something that stupid i hope!!

hell you can stab some one with a fork !! let alone other things!!!

No it wasn't a government bureaucrat who thought it up, it was a guy looking to make some money, a manufacturer.

Latest Discussions