The Return of the King

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The "It still only counts as one!" line was pretty funny, though the running theme throughout the films of "dwarves are the comic relief of Middle-Earth" was a bit distracting. The way he was portrayed, I never came away feeling that he was a great fighter--just a complaining side-kick.

The special effects of shrinking John Rhys-Davies down to that size were very effective, though.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was rather surprised to see alot of 'likeness' of LOTR Return of the King to Diablo II .. if you've played it the game and watched the movie.. maybe you'll know what I mean.. The Elephants carrying around the hard to kill dudes in the Frigid plains of Diablo.. and quite a few other things ..

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was rather surprised to see alot of 'likeness' of LOTR Return of the King to Diablo II .. if you've played it the game and watched the movie.. maybe you'll know what I mean.. The Elephants carrying around the hard to kill dudes in the Frigid plains of Diablo.. and quite a few other things ..

"Diablo" is a D and D based game. D and D takes much of its inspiration from LOTR.

I loved the movies, regardless of their flaws. The only thing I note that bothers me is the tendency for arrows to not only knock people down...but BACK. The opening battle scene where the elves shoot at the orcs...they get blown back as if they'd stepped on land mines. This is a problem in movies wherein people get shot with guns and get thrown through windows, etc. The worst case I've seen of it was in the film "Into the Night" with Jeff Goldblum. John Landis has a guy get shot with a shotgun in an airport. He is physically lifted up thrown back about fifteen or twenty feet.

Maybe it was a magic Elvish shotgun?

Regards,

Steve

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was just waiting to hear "Rouge Group, use your harpoons and tow cables. Go for the legs. It might be our only chance of stopping them." And actually riding between the legs and taking out the tendons...hmmmm...me wonders.

Latest Discussions