The Return Of Mark Coleman

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I'm watching the latest UFC the other night, and who gets interviewed in the crowd, but Mark "The Hammer" Coleman. He said that he is not retired and asked Dana to find him someone to fight. Supposedly he's going to fight Brock Lesnar.

Any thoughts on this?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think Coleman will win, but it's a stylistically bad match up for him, Lesnar may be the better wrestler, and Coleman is a ground and pounder. Part of me can't help but think the UFC picked a big name guy that they think Lesnar can beat to try and get him a little credibility as a 1-1 fighter that makes more money then most of the belt holders.

Coleman is 43, past his prime, and not likely to be able to execute his normal game plan. it's not a good match up for him.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, I'm watching the latest UFC the other night, and who gets interviewed in the crowd, but Mark "The Hammer" Coleman. He said that he is not retired and asked Dana to find him someone to fight. Supposedly he's going to fight Brock Lesnar.

Any thoughts on this?

I still believe Brock is a great athlete but needs alot of work to be really effective in the UFC. I was under the inpression Mark Coleman did retire but everybody has the right to come out of retirement.

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think coleman has been hit too many times. But if he is fit and the doctor okays him to get back into the octagon lets see him roll. A bad showing should retire him though, I didn't get to see the interview did he appear lucid?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is just a way to get Lesner a win as all around it is a bad matchup for Mark who is now past his prime.
icon6.gif

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am still unsuere as to what to make of Lesnar. I mean I watched him at the Jones Dome. I also followed his stint while in the WWE. I mean he is an incredible collegiate wrestler, however is he a fighter? It's funny, one can never tell.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think Coleman will win, but it's a stylistically bad match up for him, Lesnar may be the better wrestler, and Coleman is a ground and pounder. Part of me can't help but think the UFC picked a big name guy that they think Lesnar can beat to try and get him a little credibility as a 1-1 fighter that makes more money then most of the belt holders.

Coleman is 43, past his prime, and not likely to be able to execute his normal game plan. it's not a good match up for him.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeep! wouldnt be the first time they have done that, Rich Franklins win over Ken shamrock was the exposure he needed.

If Brock beats Coleman it could put him a couple of steps up the ladder.......and lets be honest Mark Coleman is past it at best.

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Any thoughts on this?

He never looks too healthy these days...

Latest Discussions