the next step

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
The next step includes a lot of firearm training.
20171021_152146.jpg

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow grats!

Do you mind if I message you a couple questions?

MI_martialist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on an achievement! I have a lot of questions about Krav Maga and hanko, and dan rankings....it confuses me.

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
1. Blackbelts are an understood and accepted symbol of competency in both the martial arts and non-martial arts community.
2. Blackbelt certificates usually go with blackbelts.
3. The guy in a doboak is the symbol of the federation. The federation is not style specific, but started with only Korean styles.
4. The signatures are that of the president and vp of the federation, and other officials who attended. As well as the Combat Krav Maga founder. Most officials have their highest or best known titles in Korean styles. Several of the officials are certified CKM instructors.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why does Krav Maga issue black belts, black belt certificates, have a picture of a guy in a gi (or dobok), a bunch of Korean "masters", etc...what is the link? That's a good start.
I took it as the KM is a separate program being taught at a Korean MA school. Basically like a separate muay Thai program being taught at a primarily BJJ school where some or all of the same instructors teach both.

MI_martialist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
1. Blackbelts are an understood and accepted symbol of competency in both the martial arts and non-martial arts community.
2. Blackbelt certificates usually go with blackbelts.
3. The guy in a doboak is the symbol of the federation. The federation is not style specific, but started with only Korean styles.
4. The signatures are that of the president and vp of the federation, and other officials who attended. As well as the Combat Krav Maga founder. Most officials have their highest or best known titles in Korean styles. Several of the officials are certified CKM instructors.

OK...sure...I won't comment any more on this...

Latest Discussions