The new $800 billion dollar bailout

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

If the money will be used for Tramp Stamp removal, I'm definitely on board.
icon14.gif

GBlues

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It may be a peice of paper, but people BELEIVE in it. A loaf of bread will always be "worth" the same.

BTW, I had to do this.

Nope. Not true. Bread has gone up, every year. Remember when it was only dollar? I do, and I'm only 30. My grandmothe remembers when you could by a loaf for 20cents. Can't buy it anymore. It's worth more, costs you more money to buy it. We're screwed, and don't worry about righting your reps, doesn't do any good.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope. Not true. Bread has gone up, every year. Remember when it was only dollar? I do, and I'm only 30. My grandmothe remembers when you could by a loaf for 20cents. Can't buy it anymore. It's worth more, costs you more money to buy it. We're screwed, and don't worry about righting your reps, doesn't do any good.

Yes, the price of bread has gone up, but due to inflation, the price of everything (including wages) has gone up. The real price adjusted for inflation of bread and most food has gone done a lot since those bygone days, particularly after the green revolution of the 70's.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, the price of bread has gone up, but due to inflation, the price of everything (including wages) has gone up. The real price adjusted for inflation of bread and most food has gone done a lot since those bygone days, particularly after the green revolution of the 70's.

True on both accounts. Inflation is the primary reason that the price of bread has risen. Also true that technology has made a loaf of bread easier to produce, thus "reducing" its value.

It would be interesting to study how much increases in technology combat the effects of inflation.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu

Latest Discussions