The Last Dragon

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shinzu

which month of back belt is he in?

Whichever one was on the stands when I posted (late June of this year). Probably August, given how far ahead they run? I'm not sure.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It wasn't about him--he was the demonstration dummy. I assume someone is trying to give him a little exposure!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The current (Dec. 2003) issue of Black Belt has a brief article on Taimak, who is taking on the Patrick Swayze bouncer role in a stage production of the movie Road House. He is a 7th degree black belt in Chinese Goju under Ron Van Clief, it says.

OP
M

marshallbd

Originally posted by donald
What ever happened to the kid who played Jr. ? If I remember correctly he was a 5th dan in Chinese Goju. I am presently having a brain freeze, so I can't think of his instructors name. Who also founded the system of Chinese Goju, and I believe he studied with Peter Urban? The gent who played Jr., was a very talented martial artist. Which made a basically b-movie worth watching.

Salute in Christ,
Donald:shrug:
He was in one of the magazines a few months ago...Can't recall which one though.....His name is Taimak and he is starring in the Stage version of the movie Roadhouse off broadway I believe. He is a 7th in Goju under Shidoshi Ron Van Clief.

OP
M

marshallbd

Originally posted by Ty K. Doe
This movie is one of my favorites too. When I hear the music in the movie it kinda takes me back. I'm still kinda stuck in the '80s.
Awesome fight choreography.
wasn't Ernie Reyes the choreographer for this movie?

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw this movie on opening night. Ended up sitting in theater to watch it a second time. My buddies and I went and saw it every weekend til it left town.

Latest Discussions