***** the dragon's breath! ~ #2 *****

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanx to both of you for the input... :D

I will be interested to see what she does, or if they even approach her. Guess I will find out Monday evening... (at least it will give me sumthin' to write about next newsletter) :lol:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that is a lot to put on your daughter even though I am sure she can handle it. Remember these are professional salesman and your daughter now has to deal with marketing approach 1,2,3,,4 & probably 5. Terry is right they will guilt her into it. Best of luck and I hope it works out great for you anyway that it goes!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do not get me wrong I believe in clubs but not the Black belt club, we have a Tiny Dragons program but it really is not a club because we do not charge anything for it. We have students and parents that have some smaller childern like 4-6 years old and we teach them motor skills and what ever else they can learn. We also have our competition team but once again this is for the serious competitor not everyone is ask and yes we do ask but only once and if they do not want to join, that is ti, we never ask again but they can always come to us and say they changed their minds.

I believe every single student when they join is here to get a BB and it is my job to teach them to the best of my ability.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Terry,

That is because both you and Yolanda are really good instructors but even more important good people who take the moral high road! No pressure, no games, just great training and at a fair price that most people can afford. You guy's keep doing what you are doing!
icon6.gif

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think experiencing the sales pitch could be a very positive experience for the young lady -- but she should be supported by dad or mom at her shoulder. Let her weight the pitch, the pros & cons, and if she's not interested, stop things before the really high pressure stuff starts. I think it could be a good learning experience.

And -- I do hope that the comment about not talking business after drinking was meant as a joke. Otherwise -- I'd suggest some introspection might be in order for dad, too.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It is clearly your choice. I would be concerned about a school that uses high pressure tactics. If they get upset if you don't join the BB club I would be concerned.

My kids can always tell when they are going to get any easy fight. The Kids dobok says BB Club.

I always say don't be so sure but they have not been wrong yet!!!!!!

Just don't like the idea of a BB Club!!!!

I also don't like the Idea of limited training times!!! The whole idea of you can only train 3 days a week if you want to train more I am going to have to charge you. The really good schools have a the more you train the better attitude!!!

Last edited:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is clearly your choice. I would be concerned about a school that uses high pressure tactics. If they get upset if you don't join the BB club I would be concerned.

My kids can always tell when they are going to get any easy fight. The Kids dobok says BB Club.

I always say don't be so sure but they have not been wrong yet!!!!!!

Just don't like the idea of a BB Club!!!!

I also don't like the Idea of limited training times!!! The whole idea of you can only train 3 days a week if you want to train more I am going to have to charge you. The really good schools have a the more you train the better attitude!!!
All true. Our Master tells everyone that this is their dojang. He encourages coming in and working on things that you need to work on. He will be the first to tell you that 1 hour of class is not enough and if you need the space and time just let him know.