The Democrats Sold Out America

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score

So much for all of their talk. Now they vote to give the President everything he wants to continue this worthless war...all of the money, no timetable and benchmarks are symbolic only. What is history going to say about the integrity of these people?

Meanwhile, President Bush moves nine more warships into the gulf, prepares to raise troop levels from 160,000 to over 200,000, and starts retraining navy and air force personal for combat missions...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sePswUO4e0&mode=related&search=

Here is more of Olbermann and his words echo my anger on this matter. If there is any doubt in my mind that the democrats are the corporate pawns of the MIC, it was banished. We are rushing headlong into further escalation of this war Americans need to wake up and realize that NO ONE in congress will stand against it.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh my ... :(.

I was hoping that common sense would begin to prevail in this torrid tale of resource fueled conflict (no pun intended for a change). It would appear not. Sadly, in the modern interconnected world this affects many more nations than just those directly involved. Escalation is starting to look scarily serious.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I was hoping that common sense would begin to prevail in this torrid tale of resource fueled conflict (no pun intended for a change). It would appear not. Sadly, in the modern interconnected world this affects many more nations than just those directly involved. Escalation is starting to look scarily serious.
Rest assured, they have a direct Bat Phone to Jesus; unless, of course, you don't want the Rapture.
Sean

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Escalation is starting to look scarily serious.

Yes and so is emmigration. What do you do when both major parties support the war? What happens when the opposition is so totally controlled that the lip service they give to opposition is this incredibly shallow? What are people going to do when they realize that the government of this control is completely out of control?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
...and we didn't even get the common courtesy of a reach-around...

Nobody

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yea, i kinda figured this was where it would go!
Nancy Pelosi an reed leave me wondering why we even have a democratic party.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'm with you on this one. Its looking like we will have a change of government down here by the end of the year and I was hoping for a little more sanity across the board. Oh well.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Selling out America would constititue any effort to leave her soldiers high and dry. Regardless of any party affiliation, your view of the war, or whatever, one thing remains ..the soldiers are over there and NEED the funding. Good for that not being held up in worthless debate and red tape. It's nice to see that we can be Americans, as opposed to Democrats, Republicans, liberals, conservatives, etc..

Remember it's about our men and women over there. Until we decide on a political decision, FUND THEM! Give them what they need.

I'm glad Congress agreed to do so.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Selling out America would constititue any effort to leave her soldiers high and dry. Regardless of any party affiliation, your view of the war, or whatever, one thing remains ..the soldiers are over there and NEED the funding. Good for that not being held up in worthless debate and red tape. It's nice to see that we can be Americans, as opposed to Democrats, Republicans, liberals, conservatives, etc..

Remember it's about our men and women over there. Until we decide on a political decision, FUND THEM! Give them what they need.

Amen to that!

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score

The constitution gives congress the power to cut funding to wars that are unpopular as part of a check on the executive branch of the government. If congress cuts funding to the war, then it would be the President's decision as to whether he would keep the soldiers their without what they needed. Thus far, the president has said that he would keep the soldiers there no matter was congress did.

What a crazy game of chicken.

The bottom line is that congress has cut funding for useless wars in the past. Every president in the past has brought American troops home in response.

This one wants to use American casualties as bargaining chips.

70% of the country wants this war to end. How can congress ignore the mandate of the people? How can the president? How can you call this democracy?

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Amen to that!

Another thing. This war is being run up on our national credit card. Not a single red cent has been paid for. And some estimates that I have read have placed it's total cost, including caring for maimed and injured soldiers at well over a trillion dollars. Every day we spend there, the cost goes up.

Just like any credit card, this is going to have to be paid back. How much prosperity are our children and our children's children going to have to give up in order to pay for this?

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Well put.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The constitution gives congress the power to cut funding to wars that are unpopular as part of a check on the executive branch of the government. If congress cuts funding to the war, then it would be the President's decision as to whether he would keep the soldiers their without what they needed. Thus far, the president has said that he would keep the soldiers there no matter was congress did.

What a crazy game of chicken.

The bottom line is that congress has cut funding for useless wars in the past. Every president in the past has brought American troops home in response.

This one wants to use American casualties as bargaining chips.

70% of the country wants this war to end. How can congress ignore the mandate of the people? How can the president? How can you call this democracy?

So you're saying it would be better to run the country based on polls? Whether you agree with the original decision to go into Iraq, or not, the fact of the matter is that we're there. While they work on a way to extract our troops in an intelligent, rational manner, the troops still need to be funded.

Why people thought that anything different was going to happen baffles me. The president flat out said that he wouldn't accept timetables and the democrats aren't about to not fund the troops. Without enough votes to overcome a veto, this outcome was a foregone conclusion.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe people will wake up and smell that Libertarian coffee ;).... mmmmmm

Aye, but that must mean that one must first stop drinking the partisan Kool-Aid :rolleyes: