The Definition of Courage

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Those who've been following my other post may notice I've had an eventful weekend....

Many of you may recall that my wife and I are adopting this summer -- a glorious 7 year old lad name of DJ (pronounced Dee Jay).

Yesterday, DJ's biological mother came down from where she's living in an assisted home. She has CP, went blind two weeks ago and is being harassed by some members of her family (hence her decision to give up her son for adoption).

Mom sat down with us and the boy. Told him that a mom's job is to love her child and keep him safe. And that she'll always, always love him. But she can't do her job and keep him safe. But Beverlee and Jason (who he's been spending time with) love him and can keep him safe....so Beverlee and Jason are going to be his new mom and dad.

I've been studying on how to be a warrior since I was 11 (25 years). I have never in my life seen a braver act.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow... :asian: That's absolutely incredible. What a lucky child, for so many reasons.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sounds like that woman's family needs to back off of her.

Very brave woman under her personal circumstances.

I humbly bow to such courage and honor. :asian:

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have great admiration for parents who adopt. We have four children of our own (biological). In the future, my wife and I hope to be foster parents for the troubled kids in our area. We want to give some sense of stability to these kids as our own children enjoy. We are just waiting for the finances to be stable enough for the journey.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in awe of her selflessness and her putting her son first in her life, something that it seems too many parents forget to do....Good luck to you!