Don't Forget - 1st class Stamp prices rise to 41 cents on Monday

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070513/ap_on_go_ot/postal_rates;_ylt=Am1iqyjyztNYIuAJNy0u8s_MWM0F

WASHINGTON - A reminder: Extra postage needed on those letters and packages. For a first-class card or letter the rate taking effect Monday is 41 cents for the first ounce, a 2-cent increase. But the cost for each additional ounce drops to 17 cents, so heavier letters will be cheaper than before.

The post office is also introducing extra changes for large or odd-shaped mail and altering a wide variety of its charges.
Details on the new rates are available at http://www.usps.com or call 1-800-275-8777.
Because most post offices are closed on Sunday, officials say items dropped in a box that will not be collected until Monday should have the higher postage on them.
On the other hand, when rates change the agency usually allows a little leeway, and it does not plan a rash of returns for insufficient postage.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stamps?

What are those?

Ah...that's for stuff you can't do over the phone or online :rofl:

OP
Ping898

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stamps?

What are those?

Ah...that's for stuff you can't do over the phone or online :rofl:

:p some of us mail stuff regularly and are stamp collectors :p

OP
Ping898

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes well 50c AUS =~ 28C USD

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
So, could someone explain why they can't choose an even number for the price of a stamp?

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Our mail has been sorted by size for a couple of months now, they didn't manage to sort it all out though for a bit and mail was getting delivered whatever price was on it for a while. It's a pain though, they did say prices weren't going up... but ... they've now gone up again.

32p for a first class stamp and for a large letter it's 44p I think. Why is everything more expensive here? Hey can anyone offer me a job over there in the US? I have a lovely telephone manner and make great coffee.

Latest Discussions