Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Girl caught in adoption tug-of-war adjusting to new life in China

• Story Highlights
  • Anna He was taken in by Tennessee couple during her parents' financial hardship
  • In 2007, Tennessee Supreme Court ruled she should return to biological parents
  • Parents Jack and Casey He separated; Anna still adjusting to life with mom, siblings
  • "I cannot pick anyone," says 9-year-old Anna about foster vs. biological parents

1x1pixel.gif

corner_dg_BL.gif

corner_dg_TL.gif

By John Vause
CNN Beijing Correspondent

CHONGQING, China (CNN) -- Anna He is like a lot of kids about to turn 10. She plays with her brother, fights with her sister, practices piano, hates vegetables and is adapting to her new life -- adapting, because even though she's Chinese, this little girl seems far from happy about living in China.

corner_wire_BL.gif

"I always hate staying in China," she says. "It's one of the worst places I have ever been. When I first went to the big city, there was so [much] pollution and so [it] always makes me feel bad. I also don't like the smell."
Her new life in China began after the Tennessee Supreme Court ruled last year that Anna should be returned to her biological parents, Jack and Casey He, known in China as He Shaoqiang and Qin Luo respectively.
The decision ended a six-year custody battle.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/12/18/anna.he.adoption/index.html