The Chronicles of Lil' Tiger ~ Part 1

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum and I have enjoyed reading your posts about TKD and especially the posts about all your wonderful TKD kids and the joys that come from watching them do well and also learning about the sorrows that come from finding out they no longer have the "passion" they once had in some cases.
FFF is a long time forum junkie :lol:
Have lots of experience puttin' down the blah blah blah that people love to read or yak about or hate in some cases. I have a lot of experience when it comes to "Youth sports" and the CP's (crazy parents) that are associated with them. (me being one of them) :D
When your DS (darling son) at 5 years old laces up his first pair of air Jordan's and at his first rec game at the 'Y' he scores all 6pts for the 'little slammers' in a 6-0 'route' of the home town 'dribbling dynamos' it in no way means he will be the next LeBron.... BUT, you never know!

Or when your DD (darling daughter) can juggle a ball 100 times at the age of 7 and she scores 10 goals for the 'purple dragons' in their big match against the 'red hot chillipeppers' in her first 5v5 rec game of soccer, it in no way means she will be the next Mia Hamm... BUT, you never know!

So, in the spirit of ALL the CPs out there in the world who love to watch their children reign supreme in youth sports, or comfort them when they realize they are not the next prodigy this on-going yarn is for you.... I decided to call it the Chronicles of Lil' Tiger; Hope you enjoy! :D :D :D

**note-FFF knows absolutly nadda about the martial arts (except what I learned from Master Po in the 70's on TV, so please forgive my stupidity in a lot of things I may say now or in the future) :lol:

Part 1 ~ From the Womb to the Do Jang

Lil' Tiger came into this world under a 'good sign', both mom and dad were born during the "Year of the Dragon" (one 1964 and the other 1976) so this had to be a good thing, right? Well, being a loving family who worshipped their only child at the time hence forth known in these pages as DK (dragon kid) who was born in '94. They had their hands full with a soccer prodigy (their next Mia) and also a kid who was a natural performer/singer (their next American idol) :lol:

Twelve long years they watched their 'only child' prosper and grow working her way up from the scoring machine of the pitch to her state's ODP (Olympics development program). Winning State championships along the way and traveling the west coast of the states showing off their little dynamo.... And then it happened. After many many years of doctor's telling mom she would never have another child there was a 'little spirit' inside her that could no long wait to come out.... so after a twelve year draught in mommy's womb an early spring day brought forth the next member of their happy family ............ Lil' Tiger was born!

The whole family was so very happy and felt very blessed that Lil' Tiger was among them. Cute as a button she came out kicking and screaming into this world (hey, another good sign right? :lol:). Lil' Tiger though was not the same calm baby her big sister was though she was our 'little monster' :mad:

Mom and Dad spent many nights listening to her screams and she seemed to enjoy depriving them of a good nights sleep for the first year or so. At less than 6 months old she let her fury be felt as she screamed for almost 19 hrs straight in a car trip to Las Vegas :vu: :vu: (to watch her older sis in a soccer tournament of course), and she kept showing her different ways the first 2 1/2 years of life. Always demanding, quick tempered, violent for no reason and liked to punch you in the face when you were not looking, or kick you in the groin when you are taking a nap on the couch :lol:.

Where did this behavior come from?????????????

Mom and dad are gentle as lambs... DK is also a sweet and loving big sister... To make matters worse, after years of silence up until Lil’ Tiger was born; mommy’s womb was now working again full throttle. A new baby sis was on the way, and visions of “middle child syndrome” and Jan from the Brady Bunch screaming; “Marsha Marsha Marsha” filled my sweat filled nightmares! :duh:

Mmmmmmm what to do what to do???

Then it dawned on FFF. Since his 2 1/2 year old was a "feisty one" it was decided she should get into some activity as well. What youth sport or activity should she be in? At less than 3 yrs old the choices were not many.
*Soccer like her older sister had to wait until she was 4 (at least that is what the local "Y" said). Piano lessons maybe? nahhhhh, she wouldn't be able to take out her aggressive ways with that.
*Singing lessons maybe? nahhhhh, unlike her older sister she is shy around others and would never sing in public.
*Swimming then? nahhhhh, at that age mom or dad would have to get in the pool with her, and both mom and dad are not water fans.
*OH! We got it, how about gymnastics? nahhhhh, the closest place in town for little tike tumblers is about 15 miles away from their house.
DARN! What the heck are we gonna do with her??? Then it dawned on us. Right down the street next to their favorite takeout pizza joint they had seen little kids jumping around, kicking and screaming saying' "hi yah" as they kicked at a mirror image of themselves. A TKD place!!! This would be perfect! With dad’s ancestors hailing from the tough windblown hill tops of the highland’s of Scotland and mom’s ancestors hailing from a long blood line of Polynesian warriors what could be a better life then the way of a warrior? Plus; what better way to teach our little rascal about discipline?
Wow, will they take a kid who is only 2 1/2 and as mean as nails? Looking on the internet FFF found out that the ages for their youngest group was from 3-5 years old. We were in luck, Lil' Tiger turned 3 in about 2 months. I decided to take Lil' Tiger to watch the little kids do TKD at the place (let’s call it TKD Paradise) and she seemed to enjoy watching the kids have fun. After the class one of the instructors walked over to us and asked if we were thinking about joining. I explained that Lil' Tiger was not yet 3 but he said that his grand master would probably make an exception if she was well behaved little child and the instructor commented that Lil' Tiger looked like a well behaved little one (yessshhhh was he ever off :lfao:).
Well, 15 minutes later wearing her new free uniform with her little white belt on (that the teacher showed me how to tie) we were riding home to show mommy Lil' Tiger's new activity!!!! We could hardly wait for her first class! Visions of 9th degree black belts danced in her proud papa's head and he waited the 2 days for the next class. In only 2 days Lil' Tiger would be unleashed upon the world of TKD! :lol:

Well this CP’s dreams were dashed in a heartbeat as Lil’ Tiger’s first class was filled with running off the Do Jang’s mats back to the arms of mom and dad every time the teacher looked at her or addressed her. The other little kids (5 of them) looked like miniature grand masters compared to Lil' Tiger that first day. All 5 of them had white belt’s except for one little boy (let’s call him Jean Claude) who had a white belt with a yellow strip in the middle. Another one was a girl as well (Cindy Lou) who sat there and listened to every word the teacher said. The other two listened well for the most part and lastly there was one little boy (let’s call him Chucky) who was the most undisciplined of the bunch (next to Lil Tiger that is). The rest except for JC all had fully white belts, but most of them had different color pieces of tape on one side of their belts. Poor Lil' Tiger’s first day did not go so well, we didn’t totally give up hope on her but….:vu:

We were more frustrated than the instructor was thats for sure. He didn’t seem bothered at all by her running around, not paying attention, and dancing around while looking at herself in the mirror. Ughhhh, the ride home was a quiet one. Lil' Tiger was happy as a clam in the back seat watching Scooby Doo, Mom sitting back there as well about ready to pop with the new baby coming soon. FFF though was depressed to no end…. My little “prodigy” in the making was no prodigy at all. Would it get better he wondered? Would he be forced to pull her out of class due to embarrassment (his own of course :lol:)?

Only time would tell…. And that is for the next chapter of our story :D :D :D

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dear FFF,
Your story is a little strange. I find that I laugh at parts and find some of it offensive. Almost all little kids classes are like that. Try again when she is older.

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Dear FFF,
Your story is a little strange. I find that I laugh at parts and find some of it offensive. Almost all little kids classes are like that. Try again when she is older.

Life is a little strange my friend :)

Glad that you laughed at some parts, I did have a smile on my face writing it and humor is always my main objective. Sorry that you were offended by some parts as well, hopefully future posts will be more to your liking ;)

Lastly, the journey has only begun and it is a long way from over. She gets older everyday and with each class she gives us hope..... Lil' Tiger has come along way in the 3 months since she started as I will chronicle soon :D

old man~ do you hear the grass hopper that is at your feet?
young boy~ old man, how is it that you hear these these things?
old man~ young man, how is it that you do not?

-Master Po :D :D :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting story but martial arts at two and a half....noooooo!!

I love teaching kids but teaching martial arts at such a young age isn't right, sorry, I know it's good to have kids doing something but we are talking about something where you kick, punch, throw etc with the aim of hurting people. Children so young won't understand that or the concepts of self defence, self discipline or when striking is appropriate. Discipline at this age comes from the adults in their lives. Learning martial arts is a serious business, it has to be because of the inherent dangers. It's not a thing to be undertaken without understanding what martial arts are.

I don't want to throw cold water on you, it's lovely that you are so keen but I just don't want to see another 5 year old blackbelt. Sorry!

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Chronicles of Lil' Tiger ~ Part 2 ~ The journey to her first belt promotion! :D

Well like I said before the first day was not her best, but I always said we didn't give up hope and neither did she ;)

To put the time line in perspective Lil' Tiger started her first class on 3-30-10. Her 2nd and 3rd class was not much better then the first, she continued to be the little one that would rather run around then stand still and pay attention. Much kudo's to the young instructor that teaches the young ones, he never gave up on her even though we could tell at time even he was frustrated with her.

To make matters worse, Lil' Tiger's baby sister was born on 4-23-10 and the "middle child" syndrome started from the moment the baby came out. At home Lil' Tiger has reverted to behavior that she hadn't displayed since she was 18 months old. Being understanding we have tried to give her more attention and I have started taking her with me on any little trip to the store. She has responded well and the past few weeks she is getting better.

One thing I picked up on quickly with at the Do Jang if all of us are there; (mom, dad, and both sisters), Lil' Tiger is more distracted. It also gives her more people to run to off the mats then paying attention, so about 1 month into her training we decided that only 1 of the family would accompany her to her classes... It started to work great! :D

Another thing that started working good for her is the instructor allowed us to sit inside the little wall the surrounds the mats. Lil' Tiger stopped running outside of the training area and would just occassionally run to the edge to give me a "high five" when she was proud of something she did.

She started earning her "little colored tape promotions" and this seemed to please her very much. First she got a yellow, which was followed in the weeks to come with a blue, black, and green. Lil' Tiger started paying more and more attention and was actually talking about ther TKD class at home. She still would run around sometimes at class but she was now paying attention more then she was not :)

New kids started filtering to the class as the older ones moved to 'higher level' classes for beginners. When ever a new kid came she would revert to her old ways of running around and making snow angels on the work out mats. :lol:

Things they learn in their class is simple, but good for her discipline and learning I feel.
Things they are learning are;
sitting right
standing at attention when told her
saying "yes sir" and "Thank you sir"
saluting the US and Korean flags at the beginning of each class
and of course there are doses of Kicking at bags, blocking, punching, etc.
Most of all they have Fun though, and that is why she is starting to love it so much :D

The 'big day' came about 2 months into her training (which consists of 2 half hour classes a week). The Grand Master announced to the little ones that in two weeks they could test for their next belt (still white but with a yellow stripe) if they earned the right to do so. Sadly Lil' Tiger had not yet earned the "Red colored" piece of tape that would signify she was ready to test, and she would only have 2 more classes to earn her red tape.

The day came and I reminded her that she would be graded today to see if she got her red tape and she was very very excited (she loves the color red). :lol:
She did Great! All the things the teacher told her to do she did with great vigor! Her "Hi Yahs" were loud enuff to break glass and I knew for sure she would be the first one to get her "red tape"....

Then it happend. "Chucky" decided right before they were to be tested to flop on the ground and start snorting like a little piggy...of course, Lil' Tiger was not to be outdown in the little piggy department and left the group who was 'sitting right' and started to crawl around and root for whatever little imaginary piggy's root around for; "snort snort snort" she went with a big grin on her face....

The teacher raised his voice to get all the kids attention and line up to be 'tested' and receive their Red tapes if they pass. ALL the kids got their red tapes expect for 'chucky' and of course Lil' Tiger. She looked down at her belt and then looked at the other kids. She didn't cry or whine but just did their final bows to the instructor and went to grab her shoes. As we hopped in the car and I strapped her in, she said to me; "Daddy I didn't get my cherry colored sticker"; and then it hit her... She cried and cried all the way home :vu: (only 5 min drive) and she told her mommy; "I didn't get my sticker" and pouted again. I felt so bad for her and did my best to cheer her up and get her mind off the subject.... One more chance was coming up in 2 days. I wondered how Not getting it this time would effect her next time?

A week to go before the "Belt test" and Lil' Tiger was there at class with one last chance to get her red tape. The Grand master himself was helping with the class and I was worried because she is usually terrified of him and does not do as well when he is around...this time she proved me wrong :) Not only did she get her red sticker, she really shined for the first time!

.....On 6-17-10 our Lil' Tiger's white belt was taken away by the Grand Master and a new little white belt with a yellow stripe was in its place... I don't even remember what the test was because my eyes were welled up with tears. An "attention here, a kick here and there, a bow or two" and it was all over. Our Lil' Tiger proved to us that she can be more then we thought and made us all so proud that day. Her main teacher beemed as she was getting her belt, you could see he also was very proud...

Yesterday was her most recent class. Her new belt now has 2 added little tapes on it already (a yellow and a blue) and she is growing up in TKD before our eyes. Does she still have bad days? Fo Sho! :lol:, but most of her days now are like yesterday, she sits even when others run around, she's cries out her "hi yahs" even when others are silent....

Am I ready to go buy a pile of bricks and teach her the "Dim mak" (death touch for all you Bloodsport fans) ..... well, not quite yet ;) :lol: :D

We are all caught up so far in Lil' Tiger's journey, but I will continue to recall the stones along her path as she contiues over this river of learning in the great art of TKD! :D:D:D

~until next time................. Hope you all continue to train with Heart & Fire!

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tez, TY for your input. I agree that 5yr old black belts is going to far (of course Lil' Tiger's goal is to get it by 4) :lol:

Just Kidding :D

I understand your concerns and like I said I agree with them for the most part. I must say though that she is becoming more and more well behaved at home and has even started saying "yes sir" to me when I ask her to pick up her toys, etc.

In the past as I wrote she would randomly punch us or kick us for no reason, but I must say that since she has started TKD she has not did it once!! So for her, she is leaving it 'all at the do jang' and not bringing it outside of her class (of course this is something the instructors talk about all the time). So in this case (as I hope is the case with many others), TKD is turning out a positive experience for our Lil' Tiger.

Thanks again for your input :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez, TY for your input. I agree that 5yr old black belts is going to far (of course Lil' Tiger's goal is to get it by 4) :lol:

Just Kidding :D

I understand your concerns and like I said I agree with them for the most part. I must say though that she is becoming more and more well behaved at home and has even started saying "yes sir" to me when I ask her to pick up her toys, etc.

In the past as I wrote she would randomly punch us or kick us for no reason, but I must say that since she has started TKD she has not did it once!! So for her, she is leaving it 'all at the do jang' and not bringing it outside of her class (of course this is something the instructors talk about all the time). So in this case (as I hope is the case with many others), TKD is turning out a positive experience for our Lil' Tiger.

Thanks again for your input :D

I don't want to add anymore because I really don't want to upset you so I'll leave it there. :(

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for sparing my feelings :D

As most CP's are, we are thin skinned as an onion when it comes to our kiddies ;)

But your post does raise an interesting question in my mind that would be a great idea for another post :D

edudley

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The class the my daughter currently progresses through they have a good idea about the belts. My daughter is 7 and almost 8 so even if she were to get a black belt we all know she couldn't handle a full sized adult.

Her classes are broken down between ages 7 to 10, and then 11 - 14, and then 15 year olds can join the adult class. Their thought process for the belts is this, when a child ages up from the 7-10 to the 11-14, their belt is replaced with a white belt with a colored stripe in the middle. The color stripe denotes the color they achieved in the previous level.

I like that. Of course I have taken martial arts myself so I understand where purist come from about having children under a certain age.

However, I have a second child, my son who could absolutely get a lot out of martial arts but for me he is 3 almost 4 and I am holding off.

Discipline imparted at any age is always beneficial if you ask me.

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Chronicles of Lil' Tiger ~ Part 3 ~ The journey continues!

Well over the last few weeks since earning her 'white advanced' belt Lil Tiger has continued to show improvment. Her listening skills at the Do Jang and at home have improved. She still has the occassional 'middle child' syndrome, but for the most part is loving TKD and is now looking forward to it every class :D

Her older sister (Dragon Kid) has joined in the last month. At 15 she has caught on very quickly and has great power in her kicks (mostly from non-stop soccer training the last 10 years). Funny thing about Dragon Kid is she is doing it all with very little effort, but is enjoying meeting new friends and learning some self defense along the way.

Lil' Tiger seemed a little upset at first that big sis was crowding in on 'her territory' but overcame that quickly and now likes to practice 'poomse' (spelling?) at home with her.

Nothing really new to report except she is still enjoying it and having fun. I attempted to stetch her legs today between two pine trees (no bamboo trees in the northwest) but my wife made me stop.......(jk :lol:)

Until next time :D :D :D

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I enjoy your posts and your Tongue N Cheek approach...My daughter is also a ODP Soccer Player which made for a Quick Transition to Sport TKD...Keep up the good work...and remember as a parent on this board your opinions will be discounted by some and a thick skin is sometimes needed but I have made some good friends on Martial Talk....Welcome

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I for one have very much enjoyed reading about lil tigers chronicles!!

This seems to be working for LiL Tiger...so keep it up.

Just because she is earning her tips and color on her belt doesnt mean she isnt worthy of a black belt in 4-5 years.

I have a kid in my school Anthony, who has an amazing talent for this art. He has been a Jr Olympian 2 times now and is aspiring to be a full blown Olympian in the next few years...and he is only 10 years old!. To see this kid on the mat performing is incredible! He is an inspiration to the younger children that go to my school and even to a lot of the adults. Not only is he talented, he is smart and he is respectful. Ive seen him lead the kids classes in warm-ups and help with the instructing as well.
My daughter has even sparred against him in sparring class and he tones down his aggressiveness to suit his partner.

So I guess my point is....is that if the child has the talent, the drive and the commitment, then they can achieve pretty much what they want to get out of any sport or art or career that they want to...at nearly any age, provided they have the knowledge and comprehension etc.

Ive seen my share of talent not only in martial arts but in other areas as well. ...Who is to say that Lil Tiger wont be the next TKD Olympian?
Keep up the good work with her!!

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
I enjoy your posts and your Tongue N Cheek approach...My daughter is also a ODP Soccer Player which made for a Quick Transition to Sport TKD...Keep up the good work...and remember as a parent on this board your opinions will be discounted by some and a thick skin is sometimes needed but I have made some good friends on Martial Talk....Welcome

Thanks G-man :D I am glad you see that most of my post here is all in good humor, that is my goal :D :D :D

You mentioned your DD is also a soccer player; ask her if she felt weird "kicking up"? DK said the weirdest thing about starting TKD was training to 'kick up' with force...(as opposed to striking down with force at a full volley or half volley). She mentioned it to me the other day and I hadn't even thought of that... Muscle memory is a cool thing! ;)

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you ShelleyK :D

Lil' Tiger is fast asleep right now dreaming of breaking bricks, while pop's is up early to attend a military event here in a hour or so.

I am glad some of you enjoy the yarn.... even one person enjoying it, makes it worth doing ...

Heart & Fire all, have a great day :D :D :D

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a kid in my school Anthony, who has an amazing talent for this art. He has been a Jr Olympian 2 times now and is aspiring to be a full blown Olympian in the next few years...and he is only 10 years old!. To see this kid on the mat performing is incredible! He is an inspiration to the younger children that go to my school and even to a lot of the adults. Not only is he talented, he is smart and he is respectful. Ive seen him lead the kids classes in warm-ups and help with the instructing as well.

There are many here, and elsewhere on the internets, that would suggest that Anthony has no desire to be an Olympian, since it is apparently not possible for a 10 year old to have such aspirations on their own. Now Anthony's parents on the other hand, they are another story.

I wish Anthony, and all children, all the best in achieving their dreams. Including Lil' Tiger.

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
There are many here, and elsewhere on the internets, that would suggest that Anthony has no desire to be an Olympian, since it is apparently not possible for a 10 year old to have such aspirations on their own. Now Anthony's parents on the other hand, they are another story.

I wish Anthony, and all children, all the best in achieving their dreams. Including Lil' Tiger.

Nope its ALL Anthony!
I talked with his mom Sarah and she said HE is the one that wants to do this, she has tried to "tame" him so to speak, but its like he has this drive that she just cant put a damper on.
He did try out for the Olympic team, but was out on the first round....they were using the new E-Hogu's and he just couldnt score on it. Sarah said he was pretty Pee'd off about it but that he is determined to learn how to work his kicking so he CAN score.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
FFF, thanks for the Chronicles. Your post should be taken as a lesson as well as something to entertain. Some only see the Martial Arts as punching and kicking, fighting and violence. Your post really points out what the arts are really all about, especially for kids.

Your daughter started at a very young age. Some will say that this is too young for what they think the arts are about. But at the age your daughter is it is not about fighting, violence or even defense. It is about small steps in making a better person. To see in such a short time the progression your daughter has made from not being able to sit still to being able to sit still and take direction is awesome. The red tape story is the best lesson in the entire chronicle. Kids get it and can learn just as any adult, even better than some adults. No one told her anything but she learned a great deal in that lesson. Why? Because she has no ego in her way. Her vision is clear and what is in front of her can be seen. As adults we have other motives and reason for things and can't see what is really in front of us.

Keep posting as you are teaching many and maybe some eyes will be opened and their vision widened.

Great stuff.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks G-man :D I am glad you see that most of my post here is all in good humor, that is my goal :D :D :D

You mentioned your DD is also a soccer player; ask her if she felt weird "kicking up"? DK said the weirdest thing about starting TKD was training to 'kick up' with force...(as opposed to striking down with force at a full volley or half volley). She mentioned it to me the other day and I hadn't even thought of that... Muscle memory is a cool thing! ;)

She said she just likes to kick things...She said that the hip turn in soccer and TKD are very similar...

Are you from Oregon did your daughter play in the ODP Regionals in Arizona in January.

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
She said she just likes to kick things...She said that the hip turn in soccer and TKD are very similar...

Are you from Oregon did your daughter play in the ODP Regionals in Arizona in January.

No and No. We live more north ;)

We do have a very very close friend whose DD is on the Oregon 95 ODP squad, but DK was a 94 player. She has not played this year after getting a knee injury in our state cup's semi-finals game... The TKD is actually helping her get stronger and rehab her knee (her words not mine). Her goal when she was 10 was to be a college level soccer player.... funny thing is, now that she is older and an upcoming sophomore is HS, her intrests lay more in Politics then sports ??? Don't know where that passion came from, but she is addicted to politics now more then sports and dreams of an Ivy league school have replaced her dreams of North Carolina and soccer... Weird how kids dreams change. But then again, I support her in whatever she does, it is Her life and dreams Not mine! (course it took me years to learn this :lol:)

As far as youth soccer in the Northwest I am still very much into them as much as I can be. I am the Sole Moderator on the most popular Youth Soccer Forum in the Nation! Besides a bunch of silly posts for all us CP's, I also put together an occassional newsletter on our site. Here is a link to our lastest "Pulse issue".

http://washingtonpremiersoccer.com/forum/index.php/topic,15429.0.html

As you can tell by the avatar, it is I.... Course my handle is "dragon" there :D

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Chronicles of Lil' Tiger ~ Part 4 ~ A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the "Mexican Donut" shop!

Well today (as I wrote this AM) Old FFF was sweatin' his **** off in the morning during a 3 hour change of command ceremony. Anyone involved in the military knows that parades and the such not only include a half hour of 'actual ceremony', but the agonizing 2 1/2 hours of 'practice ceremony' before the real one begins. It was only 90+ degree's here today in the NW, but for us Rain-Soaked Greeners that is toooo hot :lol:

After FFF came home he drove the whole fam-dammely to a new "water park" on the base like he promised Lil' Tiger earlier in the week. Needless to say a good time was had by all, and afterward at home as we gorged ourselfs on pulled-beef-brisket sandwichs from the local BBQ shack, I proceded to go night-night in the afternoon. :D

DK's adult class was this evening and the whole family including Lil' Tiger attended. The GM was the sole instuctor tonight and LT loves to watch the older adults train and cries out a 'hi yah' or two during the class to keep them old peep's motivated. Of course the first stop upon pulling into the dojang parking lot is for LT to run screaming (with her dollar in hand) to the place she has dubbed the "mexican donut shop". The reason she calls it this is because it is a 100% hispanic bakery that sells a ton of hispanic foods, has univision on the TV 24/7, and a phone or two in the corner that guys seem to line up for to call to the southern part of NorthAmerica. The elder lady that runs the place speaks only spanish to everyone (except Lil' Tiger) and has a great big lovin' smile when she see's her and asks; "would you like a chocolate donut?" everytime she see's her. Of course we always give the nice old lady a dollar for her 25 cent donut and LT proceeds to run out the store to eat all the chocolate off the donut before running into the dojang to watch her big sis.

With a loud "Hi Sir" and a bow Lil' Tiger enters the dojang. To her suprise she spied a big box of 'broken boards' up against the wall that had not been there before. As a senior BB warmed up the others the GM saw LT's interest in the 'broken board box' and came over to her. He held up a really really thin board that was still quite wide but only 1/4 inch at best thick and asked LT to break it. Well starting only a couple inches away from the board and trying to 'slap' the board in half LT was not successful in her first attempt at her future 'def touch' skillz :lol: The GM snapped it in half with His hands and asked her to stike again and as she did he pretended she broke it herself. Wifey and I laughed but LT's eye's lit up like she had snapped it inhalf her self :D

After the class we headed home with a hand full of slightly broken boards. Some the thin 1/4 inch kind and some a full 1 inch thick. My wife being the hard headed polynesian she is; wanted a crack at breaking one. Of course I gave her the thickest and narrowest board to start with, in hopes of showing her 'she's not that tuff' as she thinks she is. Of course she made ME feel an inch tall when she snapped it in half so hard it send wood splinters into my face!!! LMAO, who needs MA training when you have "Female Samoan Blood" cursing through your veins :lol: :lol: :lol:

But hiding my suprise I let DK break a couple of boards; one with her fist and the other with a 'heel kick' (or whateveritscalled) ;)

Lil' Tiger wanted a chance next. I tried to find a thin board and planned on breaking it before she hit it, so she wouldn't be 'too hurt' when she failed. To my suprise she acutally broke the darn thing with her 'hammer fist' the first try! I'll be darn... the LT is a tiger after all..... Amazing what a great tasting "Mexican Donut" will do for your MA skillz :D :D :D

Until next time....Heart & Fire my friends :D

Latest Discussions