The best Union Thuggery of the year!!!!

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In what has to be the best example of union thuggery of the year, the longshoremen have stormed a port and are holding the security guards hostage. Apparently the longshoreman have decided to take the advice of a brother union leader and "take the S.O.B.s out..."

http://news.yahoo.com/longshoremen-storm-wash-state-port-damage-rr-144921214.html

Six guards were held hostage for a couple of hours after 500 or more Longshoremen broke down gates about 4:30 a.m. and smashed windows in the guard shack, he said.
No one was hurt, and nobody has been arrested. Most of the protesters returned to their union hall after cutting brake lines and spilling grain from car at the EGT terminal, Duscha said.
The International Longshore and Warehouse Union believes it has the right to work at the facility, but the company has hired a contractor that's staffing a workforce of other union laborers.

The train was the first grain shipment to arrive at Longview. It arrived Wednesday night after police arrested 19 demonstrators who tried to block the tracks. They were led by ILWU International President Robert McEllrath, who said they would return.
The blockade appeared to defy a federal restraining order issued last week against the union after it was accused of assaults and death threats.

I have to say I am impressed. The unions are moving up from beating up lone african american tea party members to all out invasions of private property. That is the way to do it. No more half measures.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So lemmee get this straight, the union`s big beef is that the people working there are represented by a different union? Classic. I`d just like to know why no arrests were made.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So lemmee get this straight, the union`s big beef is that the people working there are represented by a different union? Classic. I`d just like to know why no arrests were made.
Classic example of exactly where some unions heads are at. What happened to negotiations and bargaining?

"The International Longshore and Warehouse Union believes it has the right to work at the facility,"

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A story about the lack of real coverage of the taking of hostages at the port takeover.

http://bigjournalism.com/rb/2011/09...rs-storm-a-government-building-take-hostages/

Six guards were held hostage for a couple of hours after 500 or more Longshoremen broke down gates about 4:30 a.m. and smashed windows in the guard shack, he said.
No one was hurt, and nobody has been arrested. Most of the protesters returned to their union hall after cutting brake lines and spilling grain from car at the EGT terminal, Duscha said.
Five hundred people stormed a shipyard, held hostages – HOSTAGES – for a couple of hours, smashed windows and then calmly returned to their union hall after cutting brake lines on trains and spilling grain (aka destroying property). And NO ONE was arrested? Are you kidding me?
What are we supposed to learn from this? Is it now okay to destroy property and literally take hostages as long as you roll 500 strong and belong to a union? Would anyone else get away with that without someone being sent to jail? What is going on in this country? Where is the outrage? This is not acceptable behavior if done by ONE person. This is 500 times worse!
Police from several agencies in southwest Washington, the Washington State Patrol and Burlington Northern Santa Fe responded to the violence to secure the scene that followed a demonstration Wednesday.
“We’re not surprised,” Duscha said. “A lot of the protesters were telling us this in only the start.”

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
I guess Mr. Longshoreman isn't bright enough to use the media to gain the public's sympathy. Go have another six pack, you lazy mouth breathing fool.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
theo3.gif
more ha ha sad than ha ha funny

Monroe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
When you get a job in a place with Unions, unless you decide you don't want the job, there is no opt out on union dues. You have to join. I've been in 2 unions. Dealing with them, I have grown to hate them. There is favouritism, backstabbing and lying.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nothing to see here, just some hard working family types, trying to get by and their emotions got a little up. Nothing to see here.

Unions. Bah. Phooey.

JohnEdward

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
When you get a job in a place with Unions, unless you decide you don't want the job, there is no opt out on union dues. You have to join. I've been in 2 unions. Dealing with them, I have grown to hate them. There is favouritism, backstabbing and lying.

Could be worse, they could be organized religion.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is a new nominee for the 2012 season of union thuggery in action. For the first nominee, I give you S.E.I.U. and the old people...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/18/s...ngered-ct-nursing-home-patients-says-company/

After the collapse of 17-month-long union negotiations on July 3, unionized health-care workers walked out of five nursing home facilities in Connecticut, but not before placing some elderly patients in dire medical risk through acts of sabotage, according to the company that owns and operates the facilities.
“In the hours leading up to the strike by the New England Health Care Employees Union, District 1199 SEIU (the Union) against five HealthBridge Management Health Care Centers in Connecticut, Union members engaged in multiple illegal and dangerous acts against Center residents,” reads a statement released by HealthBridge on Tuesday afternoon.
According to police reports obtained by The Daily Caller and reported Monday by the RedState blog, HealthBridge Management Health Care Centers alleged that union employees in at least three of its facilities intentionally mixed up or removed patient name plates, photos, medical bracelets and dietary advisories as they began their strike. Additionally, the police reports include allegations of both vandalism and larceny.
A July 3 police report from the Danbury Health Care Center in Danbury, Conn., states that “between the hours of 2300 [11:00 pm] on 7/2/12 and 0700 [7:00 am] today, 7/3/12, there were several incidents that directly affected and potentially could have negatively impacted patient care.”
“The incidents ranged from clean linens being thrown on the floor to more serious incidents whereby patients’ identification wrist bands were removed as well as patient identifiers on room doors and wheelchairs.”
“There are no suspects,” the report continues, but “the persons involved are presumed to be employees who are part of a protest taking place outside outside against the Danbury Health Care Center.”