The Benefits Of Walking

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone that is into working out, staying in shape, etc., I would think, would include some cardio into their routine. Now, I've never been a big fan of running. I do it from time to time, but its not something I do on a regular basis. Personally, I opt for other means of getting in a cardio workout. I do this mostly by walking, either outside when its nice or on a treadmill.

IMO, when done on a regular basis, its a great way to stay in shape as well as giving a good cardio workout. I came across a few articles that I thought were interesting.

http://www.cambridgema.gov/~CDD/et/ped/ped_hlth.html

http://walking.about.com/od/weightloss/

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the links MJS. Good stuff in there.

I try to walk at least once a day at my job. My morning coffee break has become a ritual walking time for me. Helps clear my head, gets my blood flowing and brightens my day. I work in an office and am sedentary most of the time and the walk really helps to combat stiffness and lethargy in my day.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Thanks for the links MJS. Good stuff in there.

I try to walk at least once a day at my job. My morning coffee break has become a ritual walking time for me. Helps clear my head, gets my blood flowing and brightens my day. I work in an office and am sedentary most of the time and the walk really helps to combat stiffness and lethargy in my day.

I agree. I'll take a few breaks during the course of my shift at work and walk a little. All the reasons you mention apply to me.

I'll walk during the day with the dog. The road running thru my condo complex is a 1/2 mi. around, so I make a point, weather providing, to walk a few times around. I usually do this at least 3 times before heading to work, so while the walking is split up, I'm still getting in quite a few miles a day.:)

Mike

Latest Discussions