The "Battle" Punch or "Arrow" Punch

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of.

Ok. You said earlier: "A pole punch derives from the standing thrust in the pole form" and said it might be referred to as "Biu." That sounds an awful lot like the "side body punch" I referred to above from Pin Sun and Yuen Kay Shan, and the punch Sean was trying to illustrate from Duncan Leung's students. As I noted, this is not associated with the Pole at all in those systems.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ok. You said earlier: "A pole punch derives from the standing thrust in the pole form" and said it might be referred to as "Biu." That sounds an awful lot like the "side body punch" I referred to above from Pin Sun and Yuen Kay Shan, and the punch Sean was trying to illustrate from Duncan Leung's students. As I noted, this is not associated with the Pole at all in those systems.

Hmmm. Understood.
Well, all I know is that particular punch is not expressed fully until pole form. I will have to see if I can find some pole forms on YouTube to maybe clarify a little.

Reactions: KPM

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok. So what is the right way?

The right way teaches basic momentum power for wing chun with upper lower body coordination. It is like idiots guide, before you start to build power with pole. These examples do not do that. I don't wish to force my version of this upon you, I just don't think that these arrow punches are doing anything useful.