The Artist and their Art

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I feel certain psychiatrists etc have pored over this tome and come to the obvious conclusion: he was a nutter that we should forget. There are plenty of new nutters in charge around the world right now.
I don't know if doctors are the best people to advise on this issue.

I studied the text in philosophy, during discussions about ethics and the nature of good and evil.

I also discovered there is a whole lineage of authors that studied the efficiency of Nazi evil, and it's heavily rooted in Mein Kampf's strategic goals (which are laid out in explicit details). The Third Reich actually put math and engineering to work to build Hitler's machine, And it almost worked.

I agree that reading the writing of evil people is dangerous, but also important. Ted Kazynski wasn't evil, he was truly mad genius. If you read his manifesto, you will agree with large parts. The first line got me.

Hitler was an inhuman, calculating megalomaniac who, had it not been for serious addictions to drugs and propaganda, might have won the war.

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mein Kampf are the ravings of an idiot who blames everyone else for the short-comings of Germany and himself rather than the geopolitical situation and himself. It really is a waste of paper and ink!
It is worth it to dissect the rhetoric. While he might have been a few bricks short of a load, he was a student of theater (opera) and knew how to craft an image.
And weave a superficially sound tapestry of words.
Which is as tight as cheesecloth IF one picks it apart.
(and a recent 'statesman' reused the sentiment nearly word for word to justify an attack on their peaceful neighbors earlier this year)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My idea of books that are written to change or shape the minds of men , women , and children should be read with caution and with an understanding of who wrote the book. Who the author is and what their beliefs and moral values are matters. The words that humans write and speak have power. I've seen more darkness in the last 10 years than I want to admit. Even those who thought they would be shielded have fallen from their claimed moral values.

I would be cautious and mindful when reading certain books. I would also be cautious of who's mind I'm getting into.

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My idea of books that are written to change or shape the minds of men , women , and children should be read with caution and with an understanding of who wrote the book. Who the author is and what their beliefs and moral values are matters. The words that humans write and speak have power. I've seen more darkness in the last 10 years than I want to admit. Even those who thought they would be shielded have fallen from their claimed moral values.

I would be cautious and mindful when reading certain books. I would also be cautious of who's mind I'm getting into.
I’d hope it’d take much more than a book to radically change a person’s mind.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I’d hope it’d take much more than a book to radically change a person’s mind.
Unfortunately we never truly know until we walk that path. We all have a little darkness in us.

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I love an old demonic grimoire at this time of the year…they hilariously stupid!
CAA5D437-574B-415C-A09E-5DE59076E274.jpeg

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To each Their own. Some people won't listen to Queen because he was gay and that is against their morals but the music is still played on the radio. Michael Jackson is still very popular all over the world. Look at what a mess he was.
The entire notion of the TV show is nothing more than a corporate piggy back on cancel culture for ratings. So if your all for taking down statues and changing street names, you'll love to watch the art burn so you can feel great about your moral superiority. As for the rest of the world we won't be watching, I wasn't going to buy any of that art anyway, so go ahead and destroy it. Frankly I find it childish and ignorant but hey civilization after civilization destroys the past and it has nothing to do with art and artist even if they say it does.
Hitler was not a good artist, either was John Lennon but people pay good money because of the historical significance and in Hilers case a fascination with the macabre. You can do a 90 min tour of the Lizzy Borden house for $22. You can stay the night in the room where the family was murdered for about $250 a night. Is that more or less messed up than a painting? People have strange values.
Channel 4 isn't corporate. Channel 4 is publicly owned, but does not cost the taxpayer money as it is funded by advertising. It does not receive any Government funding either. There actually is no such thing as cancel culture, it's a political cliche. It was an interesting discussion until it got political.

Now I'm off to buy popcorn to eat while watching this thread crash and burn now the politics crowd has turned up, it will be locked of course.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attention all users:

Political posts are not permitted on MartialTalk. Please take political discussions to our sister message board, US Message Board.

jks9199
MartialTalk Administrator

Last edited:
OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a very interesting programme although the audience debates could’ve been edited a little longer to hear more opinions. There were some very distressed people in the audience upset by the destruction of works of art. Hitler’s watercolour was chainsawed and was thought to be in a ‘class of it’s own’ deserving to be obliterated! 🥳 Rolf Harris’s (paedophile and once Anglo-Australian national treasure and one-time portrait artist of Queen Elizebeth II) work was out up against Eric Gill’s nude etchings (paedophile, incest, beastiality). The latter is still respected in the art world😳, with pieces still hanging at BBC and a font designed by him (Gill Sans) is still used in Word etc. The Gill was incinerated with a flamethrower. A Picasso ceramic statue was saved, surprisingly, because he was deemed so influential in Cubism despite him being so awful to women. There were a few other pieces destroyed which you can look up if you’re interested. It was fascinating…

Latest Discussions