the art of training

sam your

White Belt
Reaction score
every one has a why thay like train, if you want to share with some people how you start your training or get some tips this is the place to go.

Superperson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I play some music to get me into the workout training mood! Pull my hair up switch into my workout cloths and start my stretching.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I start all my daily training with 80 sit ups. This way, I'll never have fat waist line.
You know that won't work, don't you ? , you canT spot reduce fat, By exercising the bIt you don't want to be fat

What you can do is keep the Abs, and nice and tight, so you don't get distended organs, ( beer belly)

Last edited:

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I start all my daily training with 80 sit ups. This way, I'll never have fat waist line.

I start every day with sit ups too.

Well, I sit up when I awake, then lie back down again when I go to bed.

That counts as one, right?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I start every day with sit ups too.

Well, I sit up when I awake, then lie back down again when I go to bed.

That counts as one, right?
You forgot to mention the couch. Sitting then standing up and walking to the fridge

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah, but that's squats...
dont-skip-leg-day.jpeg

D

Deleted member 39746

I dont always train, but when i do, i dont!

The only ritual i have/had when i did exercise was i used to warm up and then use a heavy bag. I literally just did that at home every time i impulsively decided to exercise for like a month. (warming up isnt really a ritual but lets not get into this) I have a awfully prison like space workout style due to not wanting to be seen by anyone.

APOModern

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
With any kind of "workout", I like to have a ritual of stretches from my legs up and then a minute of quiet before going at it

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I dont always train, but when i do, i dont!

The only ritual i have/had when i did exercise was i used to warm up and then use a heavy bag. I literally just did that at home every time i impulsively decided to exercise for like a month. (warming up isnt really a ritual but lets not get into this) I have a awfully prison like space workout style due to not wanting to be seen by anyone.

Thought you didn't have a heavy bag lol ........................................and you don't wanna been seen lol...................I knew it your a closet black p guy ain't ya lol

D

Deleted member 39746

Thought you didn't have a heavy bag lol ........................................and you don't wanna been seen lol...................I knew it your a closet black p guy ain't ya lol

Made it when i had a bag and any video i post i would have a big jackt and a balaclava on anyway.:p

D

Deleted member 34973

I tend to follow the same order, in my training. I think consistency, is key to a well rounded level of your ability. My workout schedule is pretty simple, here is a quick run down:

Warm Ups (dynamic stretching, mild cardio and strength)
Basic techniques
Fighting Drills
Form and Application
Promise Fights (a rhythm drill)
Free Sparring with focus being on application of techniques
Free time
Stretching (cool down)

That pretty much sums up an evening, and averages about 2 hours a session. Students tend to like it and keeping this schedule lets them know what to expect. I try to keep it in the challenge zone, as much as possible and by pushing the students in this way it helps them improve. Of course, every student has their favorite part of the class. It really, over the years, has shown me the diversity of Individual students.

Last edited by a moderator:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lots of standing warmups and cardio to get the blood flowing and muscles warm. Then 15-25 minutes floor stretching with ab and mid-section work added in. From there we mix it up, usually with some sequence of partnered practice in cadence (kicks/punches, one-steps, etc...), forms, then sparring nearly every class. Not as structured as @Guthrie but something similar. We do have announced and unannounced all forms or all sparring classes as well. Makes the slackers which they had shown up.

OP
S

sam your

White Belt
Reaction score
I start my work out with a lite run, then I go back my potato chips

Latest Discussions