The 9 mm... Airgun?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never realized this before, but those RWS airguns come chambered in some pretty big calibers...

http://dandbairguns.aresbiz.com/WebPage13.htm

9 mm airgun, about 3/4th of the way down that page.

What's amazing, is that you can get 200 ft-lbs / s of kinetic energy from this bad boy, which is equal to a .380 ACP round shot from a handgun.

Has anyone fired one of these? I'm curious to see how they handle.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Ultra 9mm was designed to fire a special oversize 9mm pellet, but various other 9mm rounds may be fed through its 6 shot magazine."

Umm...what kind of rounds are they talking about?

[/FONT]

ChukaSifu2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have fired one of these, there is a felt recoil & the noise, well there's nothing stealth about it either. Some people buy these beleiving there much quiter for stealth, but again that is not the case.
I am a big airgun enthusiast, I own 27 different types, large range of calibers. The most powerful I own is a custom .308 Exile from Quackenbush and when you fire these large caliber hi-power PCP airguns there is recoil and they are loud. My Exile sounds about like shooting a 9mm in an open field, that's besides the sonic boom crack and it has a 320ft-lbs. of energy spec with a 150 gr. round.
I'm waiting to buy his .50 cal Bandit- rating of 500 ft-lbs. with a .490 gr. lead ball round, and velocity adjustable ranging from 500fps to 900fps depending on rounds used.
Spec on a 9mm airgun shot at a 4x4 at 50 yds. in our test was 3 rounds center to center, 3/4 in. and when we split the wood the rounds had penetrated 2/3 of the post with about 60 to 70% expansion.

1 demo of their capability(post grouping and penetration) is behind the counter of the airgun dept. at G.A.T. guns in Dundee,Il. if anyone is from the area and would like to see them.