Tameshigiri video guide part VIII

Czlowiekfala

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tameshigiri practice allows you to train various aspects of a cut - its precision, speed, correct distance and continuous cutting movement.

Techniques combination featured in this video put aforementioned aspects to the test quite effectively.

As for the cuts combination itself I was inspired by techniques performed by Soke Mitsuhiro Saruta - founder of the Ryuseiken style. San Dan Giri is not an official name - it merely relates to three different cutting heights.

As for additional material once again I have added Suemono Giri - a free standing mat cutting test.

I am looking forward to your comments :)

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That shinken looks very sharp. Your giri look more economical in motion than a few months ago. Very nice. However, your chiburi seemed very rushed - no need to get to it so fast. A little more zanshin after the last cut before chiburi would look better and allow you to savor that last killing stroke.

OP
Czlowiekfala

Czlowiekfala

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That shinken looks very sharp. Your giri look more economical in motion than a few months ago. Very nice. However, your chiburi seemed very rushed - no need to get to it so fast. A little more zanshin after the last cut before chiburi would look better and allow you to savor that last killing stroke.

To be honest it was first tameshigiri after fresh sharpening ;) You are right - chiburi is little too bit rushed.

Thanks for the comment!

Latest Discussions