Tag Team Sparring

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This was a demonstration even at a tournament (Milan, MI) this weekend, something that seems to be fairly new and was fun to watch. 5 v 5 (Olympic style, USA v Canada in this case); 2 x 5 minute rounds. First round was individual pairings with each pairing fighting for 1 minute, 5-10 seconds for switchover; scoring was cumulative for teams. The second round allowed continuous action with tag by coach raising hand, very brief stop to swap an athlete then continue. Both round setups made for non-stop, intense action, and that got the crowd involved. There are some examples on youtube. When you get 10 high level athletes going all out, it's just fun to watch, especially because the cumulative scoring made athletes just go at it instead of playing a defensive game.

Carl

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
You mean like this? Because if so, it is pretty neat, and great fun to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I posted that vid sometime ago. It has been around in Korea for a while now. Nothing new, just new to the US. We are always behind.

OP
S

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I talked with some of the participants from the weekend, and they said it was a lot of fun to do too.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATC that is because the USAT just do not have the funds to put this into place. They spend to much on real important stuff like sending twenty coaches and staff for four TKD competitors.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
ATC that is because the USAT just do not have the funds to put this into place. They spend to much on real important stuff like sending twenty coaches and staff for four TKD competitors.
Ha ha ha...yeah i know what you mean.

Latest Discussions