Taekwondo Times

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aww, but c'mon. Lets be fair.

How many people really bust their butts to write a sound, well-thought-out piece on some aspect of Korean MA? I don't care much for Scott Shaw but at least he is making an effort. I don't know what the target demographic is for TKD TIMES but I would bet its not the same as JAMA! In fact, lets go a bit deeper. How many times have I been to an event and I ask if anyone is going to post their event to TKD TIMES? 9 time out of 10 everybody starts scratching heads, and MAYBE two months down the road a pic and a paragraph show-up, wedged-in among the advertising. The people running the magazine are not rocket scientists or Pulitzer Prize winning journalists. They don't have a cadre of foreign correspondents so California could slide into the sea and they probably wouldn't know about it.

While I am at it let me remind people of how many decent magazines have gone under just because they really tried to do something. Anybody remember SAMURAI magazine? How about KICK magazine? How about MA magazine? In their way they were trying to do something of quality and people simply weren't interested enough to support the effort. Seems like people get the media they deserve, yes?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

M

Mike_TKD

Hello, I'm new to the forum:)

IMHO I like the TaeKwonDo times magazine, since when is covering more than one martial art bad? I think that just reading about other martial arts can spark an intrest and can open you up to other arts therefore making you a better martial artist and if anything helps you become a better martial artist then what is bad about it? (not directed harmfully at anyone)