Taekwondo From A Martial Art to Martial Sport

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I recently read Udo Moenig's "Taekwondo: From A Martial Art To Martial Sport" as part of research for my 6th Dan thesis and I will argue it's the most comprehensive research-based historical book on Kukki taekwondo out there. Anybody really interested in the real roots and development of Kukki taekwondo should study the book, which was published by Routledge 2015. The publication covers all the areas of discussion and dispute that have been hotly debated on this forums over the years, regarding the roots and direction of Kukki taekwondo. It answers in very comprehenice ways some of the questions that led to the biiter member-banning and forum-closing debates we had here 7-5 years ago. I am hoping a discussion of this book could bring back some really good voices that have long abandoned the taekwondo forums on martial talk.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
That sounds interesting. I really enjoyed the TKD book called, "A Killing Art" that talked about TKD's roots in relation to Gen. Choi and it's development.

OP
A

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
That sounds interesting. I really enjoyed the TKD book called, "A Killing Art" that talked about TKD's roots in relation to Gen. Choi and it's development.
It's a much more comprehensive and deeply researched book than "A Killing Art," albeit with a focus on Kukki taekwondo. It covers the historical, political and technical evolution of taekwondo.

OP
A

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's a much more comprehensive and deeply researched book than "A Killing Art," albeit with a focus on Kukki taekwondo. It covers the historical, political and technical evolution of taekwondo.

Latest Discussions