Mayors Cup Results

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Charlie had 2 matches wins both (Gold)

Melissa Chua 2 matches 1-1 Silver (Final OT Loss)

Kymberly fought Alexis Grosso of TeamX (Mango Man's Team) lost by one point Kym is a Jr Fly Alexis is one of the Top Jr Light weights in the country Silver @ 2010 Nationals/US Open. Big weight difference it was a great fight!!!!

Kym Defeated Niki Torres in her senior match....

Lots of Great competition!!! Great Tournament!!!

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for posting up the results Tal and congrats to Charlie and Kym!!!

Alexxis has not been a full time Team-X'er for a few months now. She, at least as far as I know, has been mostly with Villa (Happy 21st B-Day to Damian By The Way) for the past few months. I think the OC >> NoHo >> OC drive finally got to them so Alexxis, Celeena and Joe have been training with Villa since... hmmm... perhaps May or so.

I think they still drop in from time to time at Team-X World HQ but they are no longer full time students, at least to my knowledge. Keep in mind that we have not been around for 2 1/2 months ourselves so I don't know if they are visiting more often.

Anyway, Master Shin's annual "Mayor's Cup" is always one of the best events of the year in So Cal. My only complaint about the event is that the venue is so hot and stuffy with no air flow. This summer has been much cooler than normal so I don't know if conditions were any more bearable than normal.

Do you have any further thoughts on the competition?

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks for posting up the results Tal and congrats to Charlie and Kym!!!

Alexxis has not been a full time Team-X'er for a few months now. She, at least as far as I know, has been mostly with Villa (Happy 21st B-Day to Damian By The Way) for the past few months. I think the OC >> NoHo >> OC drive finally got to them so Alexxis, Celeena and Joe have been training with Villa since... hmmm... perhaps May or so.

I think they still drop in from time to time at Team-X World HQ but they are no longer full time students, at least to my knowledge. Keep in mind that we have not been around for 2 1/2 months ourselves so I don't know if they are visiting more often.

Anyway, Master Shin's annual "Mayor's Cup" is always one of the best events of the year in So Cal. My only complaint about the event is that the venue is so hot and stuffy with no air flow. This summer has been much cooler than normal so I don't know if conditions were any more bearable than normal.

Do you have any further thoughts on the competition?

I am in Vegas....Getting sporadic reports from wife

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Tal. Congrats to Kym and Charlie.

Latest Discussions