Sword vs Katana?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Yo, this is my first post so i can get us back on subject. The Longsword would probably snap the Katana in pieces with one strike, and would liquify the dudes insides if it made contact. The Katana is more agile however, and all it would take is one nick in the throat or femoral artery and the guys dead in a few minutes.
Also just a fact. Mail could stand up to an ultra-sharp Katana with a huge blow, and plate would be even better.

uh....

um....

Its nice to have an educated opinion on this otherwise unscholarly thread.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Couldn't have put it better myself, Blindside :lol:.

Matthias, I suspect that you know that what you posted is largely errant nonsense, so I won't attempt to re-explain or de-bunk.

However, if you are indeed serious about being a member here, rather than being a 'drive-by', then I suggest a quick trip over to the Meet & Greet Forum. A brief thumbnail of yourself will help us to understand your interests and what your experience is.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yo, this is my first post so i can get us back on subject. The Longsword would probably snap the Katana in pieces with one strike, and would liquify the dudes insides if it made contact. The Katana is more agile however, and all it would take is one nick in the throat or femoral artery and the guys dead in a few minutes.
Also just a fact. Mail could stand up to an ultra-sharp Katana with a huge blow, and plate would be even better.

this.

is.

awesome.

NW_Tengu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hmmmm....on the subject of grabbing the sword blade in a duel, I can only picture the example from the Movie Rob Roy starring Liam Neeson in which Rob armed with a scottish claymore defeats the evil villain armed with what I think is a small sword or perhaps rapier (not that familiar with swishy poke). Anyway, the point was a small cut on the hand was worth delviering the fatal blow.

Latest Discussions